Wednesday, May 6, 2009

BYU Women's Conference

I first attended BYU Women's Conference several years ago with my mother-in-law, Jeanne, & two of my sister-in-laws, Linda & Karen. It was so fun to be there with them & to "fill my own cup" with the wonderful presenters & spiritually uplifting classes offered by the conference, sponsored by the Relief Society of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has always been a dream of mine to attend this conference with my own daughters. Well, this year, most of us were able to make it! Leah was kind enough to host a fun "girls weekend" at her beautiful home & we were able to attend both days of the conference. (We missed you Cindi & Gina!)



G'ma Middleton was extra excited to see so many of her "girls" there. A friend of hers was "bragging" that she had two daughters & a daughter-in-law with her at Women's Conference...G'ma couldn't resist bursting her bubble by letting her friend know that G'ma had a daughter, a daughter-in-law, and SEVEN grandaughters with her. (Vanessa was there, too, but she didn't make the photo shoot.)



Of course, it was an added bonus to get a few hugs from a couple of my cute little granddaughters...



Stealing kisses from Keira & lovin' on Livi...



It was a wonderful experience to be reminded that God lives & loves us - that the role of women is vital to the plan of happiness & to the strength of families - & we have a great work in front of us as we stand for truth & righteousness in an ever increasingly wicked world. May God bless you as you strive to find peace & live "In the Strength of the Lord."

9 comments:

Middleton Family said...

Glad to hear you had fun! You and all your girls look so pretty (and yes, that includes the cute little tiny ones!). I love the lack of hair holding up Livi's BIG bow!

Middleton said...

Oops - I guess I was signed in as Adia.

rad6 said...

What a great experience for all of you to have together!!! Love the pics.

Ruth

Anonymous said...

You all look SOOOO beautiful...what a fun experience.

The Horners said...

Hey that bow is MUCH smaller than the others! :) Come back, we miss you! We are glad you (and the others) got to come. Thanks for such a fun weekend. LOVE YOU!

Rebecca said...

It was so fun to see y'all!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known you guys were there!!! I stayed to work and would have loved to see you guys! Did you guys eat any of the famous BYU brownies??? Because I made them all!!!

Hope you all had fun!

The McGraths said...

Maybe next year I will be able to make it. Glad you all got to go and uplift yourselves!

McBride Family said...

What a beautiful group of girls! Love you guys!