We had an opportunity to fly up to Washington to visit Jill & family. The weather was picture perfect! I have been to Washington several times now & EVERY time I've been there, the weather has been beautiful...where is all this rain they keep talking about? There are so many great little towns & communities near Seattle. We got to visit a few of them this time.
On Memorial Day, we took the ferry over to Seattle on our way to Leavenworth (a cute little Bavarian community in the mountains).
We enjoyed walking the streets & taking a carriage ride.


We ate the "best of the wursts" - bratwurst, knockwurst, & weisswurst - it was delicious! But Macy preferred the treats...

Macy wasn't too interested in looking through the shops...she had her eye on these toys in the park. Honestly, what kid can resist these things?

We got very tired...

...but someone caught their 2nd wind on the ferry ride home.

Kitsap County offers some beautiful little villages on the waters edge like Poulsbo & Port Kingston. We had fun playing on the docks & in the parks.

.

...and eating delicious pastries & crepes like this one filled with fresh warm apples & cinnamon underneath all that whipped cream.

Grandchildren remind us that life is full of wonder in simple things - like the magic of a dandylion...

...and exploring the beach...


...& throwing rocks in the water (well some of us threw rocks, others threw "pennies"...

Thanks for a great visit guys...we love you so, so much & miss you more!

PS - Leah & family joined us while we were in Seattle & we took the opportunity to show them around...stay tuned for more pics!
8 comments:
looks like fun. one of these days I hope to make it up there but I'm gonna make Jill take me to Forks so I can find Edward!
Cute Mom! I forgot you got some exciting pics that I didn't get. Love you!
Fun. Love the pic of Jill throwing Penny in the water. Nice form.
HA I'm laughing at Cindi. I'm gonna go with her so I can find Edward too. Looks like you guys had fun. Hopefully I can go to WA some day.
How lucky are your grandkids with two terrific grandparents to spend time with them and smother them with love!! You are too cute! :)
Don't you just love Seattle!?! I love the pictures. How fun.
well may I say again - you sure have precious kids & grandkids - neat pics - can't wait to see you next week - the pictures make me miss you so much!!! You should be so proud of your family and all the great things you're doing!
Looks like you had such a lovely visit with your sweet girls and their families. Nothin funner than playing with the kids.
Post a Comment