Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Celebrations...

We have many reasons to celebrate this time of year & we celebrate in so many different ways!  This makes Christmas so much more fun & meaningful for all!

Part of our Christmas celebrations are the annual office Christmas dinner...this year we went back to Maggiano's in Santana Row...




We didn't take a group picture because we were quite a group & it was extremely busy & crowded!  We joined with another office this year because we are welcoming said office into our building to share our space at the beginning of the year.  

Mike Baxter started in business the exact same day that Paul did, 35 plus years ago.  Here's his photo from his "good neighbor" website...



I couldn't get him to be serious long enough to take his picture that night at the party... here he is laughing, which he does a lot - & this is one of his part-time team members, Drena. (Incase you call the office, you can put a face to the voice that might pick up the phone...)



This is Margie & her husband...



And Peter & his wife (you will recognize Peter right away because of his British accent)...



It was fun to get to know them better & we look forward to working with them as well.

Where are we going to put them you ask?  Well, we already have an empty desk in the main office & we gutted the old back room (where the old kitchen sink was) to make an additional office...right through that door where the old swinging doors used to be...we're ready for them to move in!






Another one of our Christmas celebrations is the Ward Christmas Party...I thought the party planners did a great job!  The decor was fun...it felt like a winter wonderland...



The food was fabulous & they had a great balance of things for the kids & the adults had plenty of opportunities to socialize...the craft table was a big hit!



The adults were serenaded by a local musical group while the Primary children (with the help of the Young Women) got dressed up & rehearsed an impromptu Nativity play...it was super cute!  The kids did a great job & really brought a sweet spirit to the party!





Of course Santa showed up & that is always fun!  I even got a picture with him (perhaps the cutest Santa on the planet!)



One of my favorite Christmas celebrations is celebrating YOU!  I absolutely LOVE hearing from family & friends throughout the Christmas season!  It's fun to see how everyone's families have grown from the photos we receive & learn about what you've been up to in the Christmas letters we receive!  Thank you for remembering us!



Yesterday, we had a unique celebration at our daughter, Rochelle's...we gathered for dinner to celebrate our #1 grandson who became a deacon.  We are very proud of Trevor & the great example he is to his younger brothers. 



Of all the reasons we celebrate this time of year...may we all be reminded...



Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Diana and Gregg said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love reading your blog, it brings me happiness. The book was "After the Storm Comes the Rainbow" by Paul H. Dunn. I know there is some controversy about him, but I love his books.

The Horners said...

So weird that the office has changed a little. I will miss those ridiculous swinging doors!

I love that dad was Santa at the ward party. So cute!