High on a hill, it calls to me...
Seriously, who hasn't left their heart in San Francisco? I fell in love with it the very first time my mom & dad took me there when I was 11 years old...that was a few years ago! If you've ever been there, you would fall in love with it, too. Filled with history, excitement, & romance, San Francisco is THE City by the Bay. Did you know that there are tons of songs written about San Francisco? You can find the TOP 100 here.
Paul took a much needed day off & we went to THE City on a beautiful clear & calm day last week. We went straight to Pier 39 for lunch & a stroll through the shops...
Our view crossing the Bay Bridge...
Christmas Decor was still up...
We drove through the Marina District & through the Presidio to see the Golden Gate from Fort Point.
Then we continued on across the bridge like we usually do & parked to take in the view from the Sausalito side...then we decided to WALK the Bridge. I have NEVER walked the Bridge. I usually get butterflies in my stomach just driving across it! But it wasn't a normal windy day & we were up for some exercise...
This is a little "look out" near the first tower...we are UP in the clouds & the water is way DOWN below! YIKES!
Here are a couple pix of what's below the bridge at both ends...
Below the 1st tower...
Below the 2nd tower is Fort Point...can you see the surfers in the water? Look closely...we are WAY up there & they are WAY down there!
Looking back at The City...
I made it to the other side!
The sun when we started & when we finished...
The City in the glow of the sunset...
When we got back in the car, we drove to the ocean side of the Bridge for a view from the Marin Headlands & watched the sunset over the Bay.
It was a perfect day...
A great view of Alcatraz...
Then we continued on across the bridge like we usually do & parked to take in the view from the Sausalito side...then we decided to WALK the Bridge. I have NEVER walked the Bridge. I usually get butterflies in my stomach just driving across it! But it wasn't a normal windy day & we were up for some exercise...
This is a little "look out" near the first tower...we are UP in the clouds & the water is way DOWN below! YIKES!
Here are a couple pix of what's below the bridge at both ends...
Below the 1st tower...
Below the 2nd tower is Fort Point...can you see the surfers in the water? Look closely...we are WAY up there & they are WAY down there!
Cavallo Point used to be Fort Baker - now a swanky resort. We stayed there once, thank you "good neighbors."
Looking back at The City...
Self portraits are always so fun AND attractive!
I actually laid down on my back to get this shot right under the 1st tower.
I made it to the other side!
The sun when we started & when we finished...
The City in the glow of the sunset...
When we got back in the car, we drove to the ocean side of the Bridge for a view from the Marin Headlands & watched the sunset over the Bay.
"My love waits there in San Francisco
Above the blue and windy sea
Above the blue and windy sea
When I come home to you, San Francisco
Your golden sun will shine for me."
2 comments:
Gorgeous pictures! I miss the city!
Loved the last picture of you in front of the bridge.
Post a Comment