I was honored to be invited to celebrate this milestone for Melvin Brent Richards. President Richards was my Stake President when I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...in fact, he confirmed me a member of the church after his son, Darrell, baptized me.
BACK STORY: Darrell was basically my "high school" sweetheart & I "waited" for him while he served a 2 year mission for our church. It is through Darrell that I met my 1st husband & the father of my Carter Critters, Jeffrey Lynn Carter. He served the same mission as Darrell & they were roommates when they returned to BYU after their mission.
The Richards family "adopted" me & took an interest in me, offering guidance during very critical moments in my life...after high school graduation, as I approached marriage, at Jeff's death, relocating across the country, & when I married Paul. They encouraged me when things were tough & celebrated with me when things were good. It was great to gather with the Richards family & friends at such a special event. Happiest Birthday dear friend!
My friend, Diana Taylor & I, eventually became good friends. We both dated Darrell during high school & he didn't do a great job of hiding it from either of us.






No comments:
Post a Comment