Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Valentine's Day to Remember...


A trip to Yosemite.....I was just beginning to think he liked me!


Our Wedding Day...Viva Las Vegas!


I LOVE Valentine's Day! Every year I get to remember and celebrate the day Paul asked me to marry him...he is so romantic. We were dating long distance and he was coming to town to take me to dinner that evening after work. I was working as a bank teller after teaching all day at a local junior high school and shortly after I got to the bank, someone came to my window and delivered 2 dozen roses from Paul. My co-workers were impressed. About an hour later, someone else came to my window with a giant red velvet heart-shaped 5 lb box of chocolates. This created great excitement among my colleagues. Still another hour later someone came in and delivered a poster sized greeting card with a mylar balloon attached to it and suddenly I realized that Paul had to be sitting outside the bank all this time, sending people into the bank to deliver these things to me! My manager sent me outside to the parking lot to see if he was there and to bring him in so everyone could meet him. Sure enough...there he was just grinning.
Later at a very romantic restaurant, he gave me several very special sentimental gifts through out dinner and by the time dessert came along he got up, walked over to me, got on his bum knee, offered me a ring, and asked me to marry him as the restaurant was playing "our song" over their speaker system. He had gone to a lot of effort to make sure I knew that he loved me. It was a perfect Valentine's Day and a perfect proposal and I get to spend EVERY Valentine's Day with the perfect husband.

jill holyoak photography

13 comments:

Brett said...

Aw, that's awesome... although I do hope he doesn't try to out-do himself each year, cause that's setting the bar pretty high! ;-)

Anonymous said...

you two are so amazing you make me smile! I hope all is well. I love you guys!

The Holyoaks said...

Thanks for the recognition, Mom. hahaha

The Holyoaks said...

Oh, and I recounted this story to Kiff last night on our Valentine date. It was fun to remember all that excitement.

Cote Corner said...

it sure is fun to remember old memories! That's awesome that you will always have V-day to remember and celebrate your engagement!! :)

Vanessa said...

aww I just love it :)

Rebecca said...

Oh I love you guys. Your mushiness is an inspiration to Ryan and me. You're so cute!

dboz said...

And to think that was the beginning of a wonderful life....look how many blessings have come your way.
Love Ya
Deber

Shantel said...

How awesome! What a fun day to have as the anniversary of the day he asked you to marry him. As for my blog - you are not too out of the loop, because I started it about a week ago. I'm in Florida for the winter and will be in DC for the summer - all for Pinnacle (the company Thayne works with). Maybe sometime soon I will have to head over and work in CA so I can keep up with your family.

Dacia said...

You looked, I mean still look, so young! We love and miss you!!!

karen garner said...

Truly truly you 2 are better looking then when you met. You look beautiful and young as ever.

Melinda said...

You guys are the greatest. I loved reading your story and looking at your pictures. Happy engagement anniversary (my MIL calls it a lune-iversary, something to do with the moon, I guess???)

Misty said...

How very sweet!