Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy "Utah" Easter! (It's a long one...)

We spent our Easter Week in Utah staying very busy! Of course the highlight of a trip to Utah these days is to hang out with Leah & Rick. Leah put Dad to work on the baby's room - he seems to have developed a reputation for being the family painter. He does do a great job!


Leah's little lady bug, Keira Nicole, is going to love her new room!


Of course the excuse we used for our trip to visit Leah & Rick was to attend our little camping buddy's wedding. Little Jessica got married in the Salt Lake Temple. An added bonus was that our Cindi got to come for the wedding, too. Of course she also had the honor of doing not only the bride's hair but the mother of the bride's hair as well.


It was a "blustery" day - wind & bridal veils do not go well together. Cindi ended up being Jessica's personal assistant all day long helping her look her best for the pics.


...Jess really was a vision of beauty --- they held a ring ceremony for non-member family & friends who traveled long distances to attend the reception.


The "G-Town Girlz" enjoyed a little mini reunion - still as beautiful as ever.


Since we were already there, we couldn't pass up the chance to throw Leah a little baby shower. All I had to do was prepare the food & Cindi worked her magic with her presentation & clever games.


Leah had a great turn out & got some lovely gifts.


Judy surprised Leah by bringing Aunt Nicole out for the shower.


Unfortunately, I ended up getting sick the day of the shower & spent most of the rest of our time there in bed! No pictures of Easter Sunday with the Brown's where we celebrated baby Lydia's blessing (Thanks for the guest bedroom Becca! I hope I didn't get anyone sick.) I went to the doctor yesterday & I apparently have the flu & double ear infections! What adult still has ear infections? I was disappointed that I had to spend so much time in bed and wasn't able to "join in all the Bassett games" that Dad got to enjoy. Hope your Easter was surrounded by those you love & that you had time to reflect on the significance of this sacred holiday. "I know that my redeemer lives!" I am grateful for my testimony of Him.

7 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

I'm glad you finally updated your blogitty blog. It looks like you had a good time. Sorry you are so sick! Love you long time.

Vanessa said...

You guys did a great job on the shower, it was fun to see you!
Abby was calling Rex Uncle Paul for the rest of the time they were here :)

Rebecca said...

I'm sad you were so sick. Really, I agree with you. What adult still gets ear infections? Poor Jenny. I'm glad we got to see you though!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karen garner said...

Had such an awesome time with Leah and Rick today. Boy do you have neat kids. It was great to get an update on you guys. (They told us all about your fun weekend last week.) Cute pictures on your blog. (You have to quit doing all this painting and extra work for your kids or our kids are going to start asking . . . and that does not sound fun.) love you 2 loads, karen

Dacia said...

I had a good laugh after having just looked at Cindi's blog and her Easter entry says this is a long one too. Fun to hear about Utah. Sorry you were sick during it. WE MISS YOU!!!

Dan and Janay said...

What a fun trip. Sorry to hear you were sick. There's nothing more annoying than being sick when all you want to do is play.
Janay