The price of gas is a topic of concern all across the Nation...this is what the gas pump looked like at the marina...& we didn't even fill up the boat!

Unfortunately, the California fires put a "damper" on any fireworks this year - many organizations honored the "govenator's" request to cancel any fireworks plans. However, we were excited to see several of these huge planes putting a "damper" on the Nor Cal fires. They would fly over about every 15 minutes & fly down & scoop up gallons of water from the lake & take it to drop over the fires.

This isn't necessarily a bad picture, at times, the smoke has been this bad!

Well, since I didn't get to see any fireworks this year - I found some, compliments of YouTube..."I'm Proud to Be An American...God Bless the USA!"
Oh...by the way...this granny's still got it! :)



6 comments:
What a nice trip, I agree the price of gas it painful.
Janay
I'm glad you guys came. We had a lot of fun and hope we can do it again next year! Then I can go out on the lake with you all. I'm doing everything I know to try and keep it in the family.
I'm so jealous - mostly because I miss my family, but it looks like you guys had a blast. I'm not jealous of the price of gas, though.
So glad you guys had a great time at Shasta together. I'm so jealous! Nice wakeboarding, I'm impressed. -Stacey
I am so glad I am not a plane-driving water scooper upper. That would freak me out for sure. I like your pics. The skiing granny shots are always a hoot.
Glad to see your pics of where you were while we were at your house. Love the slide show and especially the pic of paul in the big tube with the kids, great shot! Also enjoyed the firework video!!
Nice.... did NOT enjoy the gas price picture... oh so sad. We will be a stay-at-home society soon at this rate.
Post a Comment