
This was Livi's first trip to the beach & Ty's first visit since the mission. Ty wanted to see if he could still skim board.
This is a crazy little activity - you have to wait until the wave is on the way back out to sea, then you run along in the shallow water & drop the board out in front of you, hop on & ride the wave out until the next wave comes in.
Of course, those of you who are familiar with the area know about the "Bands on the Beach" free summer concerts...we enjoyed the "Gregg Rolie Band" which may not mean anything to most of you, but if you are "hip & with it" you will know that Gregg Rolie is an original member of both Santana & Journey! "Oye Como Va!"
Chillin' waiting for the concert.
Livi's gettin' her groove on - however, she pretty much slept through her first concert.
Meanwhile...the reason for this post is that we had our annual Cowell Reunion down in Lompoc this year at my cousin Donna's. This is my mom's side of the family (L-R: Uncle Roger, Mom, Me, Uncle Al, Auntie Shirley, my brothers Terry & Dennis.)
Here's my mom's group that made it this year - only 17 (last year we had 18). It was Ty's first since the mission & Terri hadn't been since high school & you will notice that Ben brought Dara to meet the family...as a matter of fact, they left today to meet the family in Memphis, too.
Of course the food is always spectacular. The Cowell family seems to have a special "BBQ gene" that is unique. Tri-tip to die for, "secret recipe" for chicken, & this year my cousin Craig brought some oysters...a little Tobasco Sauce & horseradish...YUMMMMMMM!? (A little too exotic for me.)
Terri took the opportunity to get a 4 generation picture & Granny Lucy was happy to participate - Livi wasn't sure what think.
My mom is a "gangsta" (shown here wearing my cousin Brent's hat) - she loves her family and appreciates every opportunity to get to see them. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen - especially Donna & Joe for puttin' up with us all. Looking forward to seeing y'all again next year!












7 comments:
Terri looks great in all those pics! I love the first one. Wish I could've been there, too!
I remember skim-boarding...I don't see people doing it down here, then again we don't really hang at the "cool" beaches where there's volleyball, etc. But I'd love to try it again; see if my mommy body can do it!
cute, mom! I sure miss my grandma!
I miss the Beach Concerts! Those were so fun. I will never forget seeing the Coasters (or what was left of them). I hope Terri got a good tan before she goes back to the snowy Mountains! I'm sad I missed another reunion. Grandma looks great!
Looks like a great way to spend time, with family. You're family is always doing such good bonding things. Can you adopt me, PLEASE!
Looks like you all had fun. Sorry we missed it... we really were planning on attending.
It always nice to be with family. Reunions always remind me that I need to learn how to do family history. I'm clueless when it comes to that. I'm waiting for the next family reunion to get inspired to getting going on that.j/k
Janay
Post a Comment