Sunday, August 3, 2008

Just Another Day at the "Office"

Yesterday was a "good neighbor" day on the American River. Kyle & Brent both took their offices down the upper run (Trouble Maker)& Paul took his office down the lower run (Satan's Cesspool & Hospital Bar). This is the ultimate "team building" activity in which everyone truly needs to "work together" for a successful trip down the River. Paul was so excited to have his entire team with him; Brent S., Nancy & her husband Lou, and yes, even Lucy brought her entire family - Big Eddie, Jr, & Gabriel. We all had a blast & we were so proud of everyone for being willing to step out of their comfort zone for this wild adventure. Here we are at Satan's Cesspool. I'm in the red hat & Paul is at the back of the boat yelling, "Hold on!" I think Lucy was ahead of him on that one.



Lucy's son, Eddie Jr, "decided" to go swimming at Hospital Bar, the 2nd big wave got him. He thought that was pretty exciting.


We usually take a group picture before or after a trip & seldom buy these pictures from the commercial photographers who are standing above these big rapids taking tons of pictures as you go through each rapid. At the end of your trip you can go into their stores & check out your photos & "relive" the experience through their frame by frame shots. Of course, the office, wanted to take home the memories. Great fun and "just another day at the office!"

11 comments:

The Horners said...

I love how Lucy is holding on for dear life in ALL the pics. Haha.

The Holyoaks said...

I was gonna say the same thing! Lucy looks the best in the pic. Also, I love how Dad is finally getting to scream at his employees.

rad6 said...

What a great moral booster for the office. i love the river so much, that not until recently did i realize that some people really do have to step out of their comfort zones to do that. Looks like fun!!!

kelly ferg said...

Paul looks like he is in the least control, very surprising. Looks like fun and it makes me miss Zion's Camp.

Bassetts said...

I'm so proud of those girls! I'm so glad they were up to such a high-adventure. It makes me miss working with those guys. They are a hoot - especially Lucy. The pictures totally show her personality :)

Bassetts said...

In the second photo, Eddie Jr looks like he's standing in the water!

The McGraths said...

looks like fun. the pics look great and there are a lot more people in the boat than there are desks in the office.

Dacia said...

You look so relaxed and like a pro Favorite Aunt Jenny!!!

Dan and Janay said...

Great pics. I tried to find our pictures on-line the day after we went rafting, but quickly realized that you have to go to their shop in order to see them...Something to remember to do for next time.
Janay
PS I went to San Jose this past weekend and went to the "old" ward. The Messmanns and Carruths wanted me to tell you hi.

Shantel said...

Whoa!!! Soo... how do I sign up to work for Paul ?? :) I love looking at your blog. You always have such fun pics!

karen garner said...

WOW WOW WOW great photos - I was just looking at some old river rafting photos yesterday (Gina was about 6 or 7). What great memories!