Friday, November 20, 2009

"I Love to See the Temple!"



We get to drive by this temple often because we live relatively close to it. Last night Paul & I had an opportunity to clean the Sacramento Temple after the last session of the day. We've done this before but last night was extra special for me. The Sacramento Temple is a small temple & the members in the area volunteer to clean it "daily" - when I started thinking of the volunteer hours behind this service, I felt an overwhelming since of gratitude to all those responsible for keeping our Church properties so immaculately clean...it helps me feel that special calmness & peace that exists there. I vacuumed the first endowment room by myself enjoying the solitude in that beautiful room (I especially love the hand painted mural on the walls) & when I moved into the Celestial Room to dust...there was my handsome husband, vacuuming the floors. We worked side by side, not saying a word, until the entire room was cleaned. When we finished, he just smiled at me...I love that man! I am grateful for a loving husband who loves to serve & encourages me to do so, too. "I love to see the temple...it is a place of beauty where I can feel the Holy Spirit...a holy place...a family place."


7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love you two! You are such a good example of how a marriage should be.

Rochelle said...

Did you take that pic of the Sac Temple? So pretty with the lights. :)

The McGraths said...

fun. the members here do the yard work on the temple grounds. every Saturday when we get our donuts and sit at the temple grounds, we see families there doing the work. all ages, old and young. I can't wait till it's our wards turn . I think it will be a neat experience for the kids.

Adam and Laurin said...

What an awesome experience! What better way to serve the lord...you guys are such great examples!

McBride Family said...

sweet post - i love the temple and those opportunities to serve in it are always so neat. thanks for sharing!

Linda and Rex said...

I was moved by your post. In our next lives we will be 'working' and working together as couples and families. You had a peak into the eternities and you liked what you saw. Thanks for sharing.

Vanessa Brown said...

Oh I loved this post :)

-vanessa from inevergrewup.net