Sunday, October 10, 2010

House Swap…

R&B wanted to host a “couples’ retreat” at the Riverhouse so Paul & I agreed to a “house swap” this past weekend in order to watch da boyz & help some really hard working parents & their friends have an inexpensive weekend away at our place. I have no idea what the couples were doing…afterall, “What happens at the Riverhouse, stays at the Riverhouse!” (or something like that)

We had fun at the Petersen’s. Rochelle IS her father’s daughter – incredibly neat & organized…and da boyz are very well trained! They were so easy – they got along so well, they cooperated, & never argued with us or each other! Of course, Cade did remind us several times that he “only likes hard shell tacos.”
Technically, he was NOT arguing, “just saying” - over & over & over – in his defense, he is only 5.

We played games & got really silly…








Video Game Friday turned into Video Game Friday AND Saturday…(Hey, we ARE the grandparents & we’re allowed to spoil them a little!)




Of course we took a break long enough to catch a movie (which is how we bribed Cade to eat his taco in the soft shell)…




Despicable Me was actually very tender – a fun little family movie.



Da boyz worked together to do their jobs…





We got to re-live our soccer days, having to be at two different fields at the same time…



I had the camera with me so no pics of Ethan’s or Cade’s games, but I got several of these! Carson is at that age where he wants to see himself on the camera – so cute.



Thanks for trusting us to play with da boyz this weekend - they were awesome & we had a great time.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

If they were that good for you maybe you should come be their parents!!! So glad they behaved. THANK YOU for everything! Love you!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Why Rochelle, Do I sense that you don't believe me? Well, that's my story & I'm sticking to it! :)

Bassetts said...

What a cute idea! Maybe we should do that... :) Ha ha. So glad da boyz were good for you. Looks like a fun weekend.

The Horners said...

The grandkids that live close to you guys are spoiled OR maybe I'm just a little jealous. I hope they are grateful to have you so close. We'd give anything to have one on one time with just you... oh wait we get that in a few days :) That's why I love coming to the River... it's special because we don't get to see you often!

rad6 said...

Shoot. I wish I had known... would have crashed the couples retreat!

Linda and Rex said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend.
Darling boys.