We had tickets to see them sometime back around 1994 but my dad decided to get married that same weekend so we “gave” the tickets to the Ybarras while we went to my dad’s wedding…I’ve not heard the end of that since!
It’s a short but beautiful drive over the hill to Reno…
We checked into the Circus…

Splurged on a Prime Rib & Steak dinner…

Walked over to the Event Center…


Enjoyed 3 hours of some of the BEST music of the 70’s, including all of my personal favorites ---except Desperado…


I just knew they were saving that for their encore number…however; as they left the stage, someone must have pulled the fire alarm because they did NOT get to come back on stage for the much anticipated Desperado…of course the die hard fans would not leave the Event Center without their encore number…but when the lights went on & the stage hands came out to break down the equipment it was obvious that we would be denied. Naturally, since the alarms were blaring, it would be irresponsible for anyone to continue to perform under those circumstances. Unfortunate - - - but I learned recently that I should “focus on the positive” things in life & not dwell on the negative. We enjoyed a 3 hour Eagles concert & we were NOT disappointed.
We walked back to the Circus, enjoying the beautiful evening & the sights of the “biggest little city in the world.”



The next morning we grabbed a light breakfast & walked along the city’s “Riverwalk” that flanks the Truckee River that happens to run through the city.



It was a fun little trip & I enjoyed spending time with my best friend in a relaxed environment.
We came back to the Riverhouse & watched General Conference together. The next day, we headed over to the Petersen’s to share Conference Sunday with them. I didn’t take pictures, but here are a few things that I learned while watching & listening to the leaders of our Church:
• No one is insignificant.
• The world will teach our children if we do NOT.
• A teacher’s attitude isn’t taught, it is caught.
• T-I-M-E spells LOVE.
• Don’t paint yourself into a corner.
• Faith-based values benefit society.
• Choose faith!
• 14 fundamentals of a true prophet.
• Converts bless generations.
• True faith is centered in Jesus Christ.
• Don’t become discouraged, you’re making better progress than you realize.
• Trust in the Lord.
• It is impossible to “vote” on the laws of nature.
• Start today!
• The Holy Ghost is a direct personal channel to the Lord.
• Focus on your blessings, not the “lack” of them.
• The Church is in good hands (regarding our youth).
• Be careful not to reject the Holy Ghost.
• Parents who love their children cannot be intimidated by them.
• Positive influence inspires harmony.
• Sin is intentional disobedience.
• We are free to choose but we are not free to choose the consequences.
• Don’t be a “stupid cow!”
• Lucifer does not willingly let go.
Listening to Conference always leaves me with a “peaceful, easy feeling” & a brightness of hope that God is mindful of us & continues to bless us as we strive to listen to His words.
7 comments:
So jealous about your concert. Don't worry, I'll sing you "Desperado." :)
We LOVED that concert too! So glad you could see it since it was probably way cooler for you guys, being old and all.
And I feel really bad for you guys that you hardly ever get a chance to "get away" with just the two of you. Wait, you guys live alone.
First off, I was a little confused at first, wondering why you were such big Philadelphia Eagles fans that you'd be so excited to see them play football... thankfully, I figured it out fairly quickly.
And I have to agree, conference was pretty incredible wasn't it. The numerous references to President Benson, the two talks specifically identifying his 14 fundamentals of following the prophet, and the countless inferences to the same, pushed me to track down that speech on the BYU website. I loved listening to it, it's an absolutely incredible talk with so much promise of strength and added a nice capstone to the weekend for me.
Glad to hear your weekend was so great!
So glad you got a chance to be "alone". In fact, I actually believe it. Every time I call the house, only 1 of you is usually there. Loved conference. Thanks for the highlights - it's good to write those down :)
Jealous. You're looking pretty mama! Miss you!!!!!
Love your conference list. Good job taking good notes with my obnoxious children running around. Glad you guys got to see that concert! I know you really wanted to!
I love your summaries of conference. mine are 15 pages long... yours is much easier to read, although Im sure you have your long version too! nice job!
I love love love conference.
I hate reno, but you actually make it look like not such a bad place! :)
Post a Comment