Although I've heard him tell this story before, it is one of my favorites. He talked about a young couple who would look out their kitchen window every morning & see the neighbor's laundry. This young wife was appalled that her neighbor's laundry wasn't very clean. She wondered if she should say something to her because week after week her neighbor seemed to continue to hang out dirty laundry. One particular morning she looked out her window & to her surprise, she noticed that her neighbor's laundry looked remarkably clean. She asked her husband, "What do you suppose happened?" Her husband replied, "Well, this morning I got up early & washed our windows."
What a great lesson!? Sometimes we jump to quick/harsh judgements when our own lives are not in order. President Monson went on to quote Mother Teresa, “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”
This coming weekend I will be listening to THIS...no doubt, I will be inspired once again. I LOVE General Conference!
4 comments:
After hearing from my wife and my mom about how great President Monson's talk was, I listened to it myself yesterday. I agree completely, the talk was excellent and I'm really looking forward to this weekend.
He always has great lessons... lessons I need to hear. I love him! I enjoyed the entire broadcast even if I was sitting all by myself!
I am so so so excited for conference too! Hope you had fun in the desert with those cuties, I always do!
I loved that story too. Such a good way to illustrate a point!
Post a Comment