Happy B’day Lucy!
I took the train down to Bakersfield the day after my mom’s birthday for a belated celebration. They have finally finished the remodel inside & out.


…Including a new parking lot with a new handicapped parking section so Mom doesn’t have to park under those annoying pine trees that shed needles & sap all over her car!

…even the lobby has been updated!

She is relieved to be back in her original apartment with brand new everything. Here’s a peak at her kitchenette before we moved her things back in – new cabinets, floors, carpet, appliances – looks nice & new! (although this picture is a little blurry)

We put up her Christmas tree. I took a few pictures…

… it’s nice to know that I can still pester her after all these years. “Do you see her mean eyes?”

She is on the activities committee & in charge of “sit & stretch” three days a week. I think I get my flexibility from her...she' the one touching her toes. :)


We enjoyed a Country music group who came to entertain the residents one afternoon.

I love my visits with Mom – she chuckles a lot which makes her pleasant to be around. She is a happy person.

Happy Belated Bday, Mom – I love you very much!
6 comments:
I love G'ma Lucy too! Wish I could visit her! Happy Birthday G'ma!
She is always so happy. I agree! Happy Birthday Grandma Lucy!
I love her.
I am sure your mama treasures those moments with you though I recognize those eyes. They aren't mean they are saying "You and your camera!" But, truly thank goodness for your camera. You always capture the moments so well and as my brain cells die I need those moments captured. She must be an awesome woman to have such a wonderful daughter. Take good care of her.
I love that Gma! Some of my favorite things about her are her "mean eyes" and her chuckle. I will always remember her chuckle! Happy Bday Gma Lucy!
Love this woman! I can't believe you were taking pictures during sit and stretch! You are so obnoxious I love it!
Post a Comment