I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints…I'm a Mormon.
Romans 1:16 reads – “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth…”
Last June I received a “challenge” from our daughter Jill (who had received a challenge from her stake president) to complete the YW Personal Progress program from start to finish (even if you already did it when you were a YW). Well, I did not grow up in the Church, I joined as a young adult so I missed those YW years. However, I have had the opportunity to serve in the YW program in various capacities for a good 15 years, but I’m sad to say that I have never taken the challenge to complete this program for myself.

Well, this challenge has been floating around in my head since last June…and it has been “screaming” at me since the start of this New Year. So in the spirit of “resolutions” I have taken this challenge to complete this program. (You don't even need this cool little book - you can do it all online now, too!)
I seem to spin my wheels - a lot – there are so many things I want to do that I don’t end up doing any of them because I don’t know where to start! In my desire to organize “things” (prioritize) & not knowing exactly how to go about it, I’ve learned that this program helps me focus on “what matters most…”
* I have a responsibility to use my strength and influence for good.
* I have been blessed with talents and abilities that will help me fulfill my divine mission as a wife, mother, & grandmother.
* By setting a pattern of personal prayer, scripture study, obedience to the commandments, and service to others, I find that I have a better attitude & I’m more pleasant/optimistic.
* These daily personal habits are strengthening my faith in and testimony of Jesus Christ.
I’ve been doing this for about 4 weeks now & I am really enjoying it…one goal at a time. It’s nice to have a plan – something meaningful that you are working towards. I am reminded that I have purpose & I am generally happier…I know who I am & where I’m going.
As the Prophet Alma taught us (Alma 37:6), “By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.”
5 comments:
I want to play too. I need to get me a Personal Progress book!
Good work!!!!
Your daughter, Jill, sounds incredible.
Go Mom! You are such a good example!
How fun for you! I would say you did a lot of completion when you helped your daughters and YW you served, but I'm glad you're doing it for yourself. Go Mama!
wow, that is great for you. I have been thinking I should do it along with my daughter.
That would be fun. Kiera is already done, but Andrea is more toward the beginning.
I love your thoughts here.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment