Sunday, December 4, 2011

T-dolly's California Car-Cation...

Terri drove all the way (with two babies in the car) from Utah to California for her friend Allison's wedding. Olivia was invited to be the flower girl. Glad the wedding was so close to Thanksgiving because they got to stay through the holiday!

Needless to say, T-dolly spent a lot of time in the car on this trip. With a brief stop in Coloma (where I joined her), we drove on to San Jose, then up to Pleasanton for the rehearsal dinner, & back to San Jose for the night. The next day we drove to Discovery Bay for another friend's baby shower, back to Pleasanton for the wedding, & back to San Jose for the night. The next day we drove to Bakersfield to visit Grandma Glenda, spent the night, then finally back to Coloma! All in all she traveled roughly 1519.5 miles in 6 days...BEST CAR-CATION EVER! (And she still had to take the 664.9 miles BACK to Utah after Thanksgiving!)

1st Stop - Coloma, Day 1...

They arrived just in time for a little crazy fun...

Kyle & Amy organized a "Gold Rush" activity with their home-schooling group here at our house. We split the kids up into two groups...Paul gave them a crash-course hands-on history lesson about the gold rush & I led the kids in a few silly songs. We dressed the part...







After our presentation we walked the kids over to Marshall Gold Discovery Park to see Sutter's Mill & pan for GOLD! Olivia blended in with all the kids. (I wonder if she thought they were all her cousins?)












Our youngest & oldest grandchild...



Pit Stop - Trevor's Arrow of Light...

On our way to San Jose, we stopped in Folsom for Trevor's Cub Scout Arrow of Light ceremony.




Ethan's group did a skit...




Liv-love didn't quite make it through the ceremony...




Trevor shooting his arrow...




Proud parents & grandparents...







Day 2 - The Rehearsal - I got to hang with Jude while T & Liv went to the rehearsal/dinner...




Terri enjoyed visiting with her dear friends from middle school...





Day 3 - The baby shower & wedding...

We thought Olivia would be busy most of the day with wedding photos, etc, but she wasn't needed until 4pm so we decided last minute to crash Natalie Tucker's baby shower in Disco Bay...(I love how I'm trying to hold Jude in the picture without being in the picture. Hunter thought that was funny.)






I got to hang out with Jude while T & Olivia went to the wedding. Jude helped me with my Christmas shopping...




Liv was such a pretty little flower girl. Later, I brought Jude to the reception so Terri could introduce him to her friends. (Thanks to Sarah Adams FB page for the photos)...





Day 4 - Bakersfield...

The next morning we headed to G'ma & G'pa Middleton's for breakfast before visiting our old homeward for Church. G'ma is always thinking of others - she set out this darling little Noah's Ark toy that Olivia loved playing with - She even got down on the floor to play with her! It was very sweet.




They even let me play...




We had a nice breakfast & visit...







After Church we loaded in the car & headed down I-5 to see more family. Kristi hosted a little dinner & cousins get together. We had a great visit (Thanks for putting that together Kristi!)

Meeting Jude for the first time...




Kristi & Jude are birthday buddies...




Loving on G'ma...





Cousin Amber is expecting her own little guy this spring...







Olivia had fun with these crazy cousins (Kinzi, Liv, Deegan, & Lexi)...




The gang...




Day 5 - Back to the River...

The next morning we had breakfast with G'ma before heading back to the River...




One last snuggle before we leave...




Only 323.2 miles to go...

Over the River & through the woods...bring on the pumpkin pie!

3 comments:

Chris Holyoak said...

Greatest trip ever minus all the driving!

The Horners said...

Car-cation is right! I'm done with road trips for a while. Thanks for all your help, mom. We had a great time! Love you

Bassetts said...

WOW! I don't know if I could have handled all that driving. You guys totally rock! So fun that you got to visit with so many people!