Thursday, May 10, 2012

The BEST thing about Utah...

The BEST thing about BYU Women's Conference is being able to see our Utah grandchildren!  I tried to fit in a lot of fun in a short amount of time.  I love watching the little ones interact with each other & see how their personalities are developing...they are so stinking cute!

The first night I got there, Keira was showing me her mad baseball skills...Lexi got in on the action, too.



The next day I wanted to explore the new City Creek Mall (where the old Crossroads Mall used to be near Temple Square).  It was GORGEOUS!  They upgraded several blocks into outdoor shops with sky-walks over the busy downtown streets - it even has a retractable cover in case of inclement weather!  Pretty fancy.  It is beautifully landscaped with tons of 'high-end' shops & beautiful fountains!




The views were pretty spectacular, too!



While we were downtown, we met Terri & her kids at the Gateway Discovery Museum.  Wow - that place is packed with stuff for kids to do! There's a huge interactive ball exhibit, water activities, music section, grocery store, playhouse, puzzles & blocks for building things, things to ride, & even a real helicopter complete with gadgets & sounds to explore...& we barely scratched the surface!  The kids had a great time & were all smiles as they discovered all kinds of fun!









We had lunch then I went with Terri for a haircut, but not until I made her take me back to the City Creek Mall to grab a sweater that I had my eye on in a display window (it was truly screaming at me to buy it & that doesn't happen to me very often) - of course the store was right next to the fountains...kids LOVE these fountains & they are truly kid-friendly, built so they can touch them.



Later that evening we went to the Bassett's for dinner.  These cousins love each other & they are so cute together.





Before I left we took one more outing to Jump On It.  (Kids 3 & under are FREE!)  I love these bounce houses!  Where were they when I was a kid?  There are trampolines to jump on, slides to climb & slide down, toys to ride, foam pits to flail yourself into...being a former gym-rat, that's my kind of fun!






I had so much fun watching the girls have so much fun as they played together.  Thanks for spending that time with me.  (If you look closely, I am wearing that 'had to have it' sweater.)  Truly, the BEST thing about Utah...LOVE my Utah kiddos.




4 comments:

Linda and Rex said...

I would agree. The best thing about Utah are the grandkids and I can't believe how fast yours are growing. Look at baby Jude.
Love the sweater. You always look cute no matter what. Glad you had a great time. WC was great too.

Linda and Rex said...

I would agree. The best thing about Utah are the grandkids and I can't believe how fast yours are growing. Look at baby Jude.
Love the sweater. You always look cute no matter what. Glad you had a great time. WC was great too.

The Horners said...

Thanks for spending time with us! We love having you here. Love you!

Bassetts said...

We loved having you. The girls always miss their grandparents terribly. Thanks for such a great weekend.