While we were in New York, right before we left for Bermuda (June 23rd to be exact), we got a call from Gina to let us know that Cassandra Raine Deceuster arrived safely after 34 hours of labor...3 weeks early! Weighing in at 8# 3.4oz & 20.5 inches, she was a good sized little gal to be so early! We were happy all went well without the complications that were anticipated.
Since I was sick when we got home from Bermuda, I didn't get to meet Cassandra right away. Paul went down to help out while the doctor gave me drugs & put me to bed. Unfortunately, Paul is not a picture taker but Gina sent me this...
He did take a few with his phone...LOVE her chubby cheeks!
While he was there, the kids had a bike parade at their church parking lot to celebrate the 4th of July. Paul said the kids had a great time...Luke, Alana, & even Dono got into the action!
A few weeks later, I finally got to meet Cassandra...
She wasn't loving this photo shoot, but in her defense, she was ready to eat & take a nap.
We always have fun playing with the kids when we visit. Luke & Alana are very good gamers (like their dad). They think & strategize before they make their calculated moves...(Notice the Purdue version of the Monopoly Game, Purdueopoly? We got this for Gina when we picked her up from her mission in Indiana & got to tour her mission.)
Gina says that Donovan had a difficult time adjusting to not being the baby...he is doing much better now. He is so sweet & tender hearted - he's a good cuddle-buddy.
Alana is a big help...she's a good cook & she can read & follow a recipe, although I'm not sure if she wanted brownies or if she just wanted to lick the spoon?
She is certainly a good little babysitter...
Welcome to the family Cassandra, we are so glad you are finally here!
Blurry iPhone photos are better than none, right? :)












5 comments:
She is a little doll and I loved holding and smelling her. Nothing like that good new born smell. The other kids are sure growing.
Cassandra is a cute little chubby thing! So sweet! Glad you are catching up and hopefully you don't ever get sick again!
Yay, my beautiful baby! Nice post and good to see you!!
What a sweetie! I'm glad to see so many pics of her. I love to say "Cassandra." I feel so fancy.
Beautiful baby, beautiful name and beautiful post about her!! Jenny - I sure love your blog - it keeps me "up" with the family happenings. THANKS :)
Post a Comment