Small world...we ran into Jessica & Adam Epson who happen to be staying at the same hotel at the same time! Adam's company treated them for a few days for a job well done - keep up the good work Adam!
And the evening sunsets were breath taking!
Paul had a dinner meeting one evening so I hooked up with these two cuties who live about 5 minutes away in Kehei. Toni & Mika are the daughters of my longtime friend from Bakersfield, Cindi Hargis Whiteside...I love them all so very much. They introduced me to Coconut's Fish Cafe & "the best fish tacos in Maui."
On our last day we headed into Lahaina to relive some of our favorites stops from our honeymoon almost 21 years ago...Banyan Tree Park is such a unique place. This tree was planted in 1873. It was originally about 8 ft tall. It is now over 60 ft tall & shades about 2/3 of an acre. It grows up & out & sprouts roots that turn into "trunks" to help support its branches. It has about 12 additional trunks besides its original core which makes it look more like a forest than just one tree.
We walked along the shops & art galleries on Front Street as we made our way to Cheeseburger in Paradise (one of the few places we could afford to eat on our honeymoon)...
Delicious onion rings!
Paul was in a rare mood - posing for pictures isn't his favorite thing & he doesn't like touristy stuff - but here he is posing in Forrest Gump's shoes outside of Bubba Gump's...
And he humored me by taking these gems on the romanic seawall with the self-timer, until he realized that I kept taking them just to steal kisses...
I cannot go to Hawaii without shaved ice...
It was a much needed & appreciated break. Aloha, A hui kaua...
4 comments:
That pic of Dad as Forrest is hilarious!
How romantica! I love that pic of Dad too. I wanna go!
And how fun to see Yessica!!
Old people kissing!!!
I need some good neighbors in my life. Hawaii is sounding like heaven right about now as I'm freezing my tail off in this cold snow!
Post a Comment