Thursday, February 21, 2013

February Fun

February has flown by...but it's been fun!

Wrestling Fun...

We try to catch the local kids events when we can.  K1 & K2 had another local wrestling tournament.  I left my camera at home so these blurry ones are taken with my iPhone.  Although we missed seeing K2, We got to see all of K1's matches...he is so STRONG!



The ref is about to call the pin...


K2 got in a little wrestling fun with G'pa...



Super Bowl Fun...

We invited ourselves over to watch the game with Da Boyz.  I knew they would be dressed in their 49er gear so I thought with all those "arm chair quarter backs" they needed an "arm chair referee" so I came in my stripes!  Tried to get a picture with all da boyz but they weren't as excited about that as I was...then Cade got a hold of my camera & snapped a few gems...


I finally bribed them with these cookies...(I had just been to see my mom in Bakersfield & picked these up at Smith's Bakery, a childhood favorite of mine.)


These boyz are sooooo handsome & tons of fun!


We had tons of snacks & Brent cooked a tri-tip during half time!  Yummy!


G'pa & Trevor were sitting right next to each other & texting each other during the game.  Although the 2nd half was a good game, the 9ers came up short...



Fun with Uncle Eric...

Uncle Eric did A LOT of work for us compiling our family histories for last year's family reunion.  We met up with him one night for Sushi.  It was fun to visit with him - he seems very happy & doing really well.



Fun with my brothers...

Uncle Dennis was in town to meet his #1 grandchild, Emma Rose.  We all met up at Uncle T's for a little visit & welcome him into the "grandparent's club."




Fun with G'ma...

I took K1 with me to pick out some fabric for a quilt...we just happened to drive by Nuyo for a treat!



Fun in So Cal...

Ultimately it was fun...but it started out kinda scary.  We had planned to visit Gina's family for the weekend.  I had gone ahead to my mom's to visit & Paul was going to pick me up mid-week & head down south.  As soon as I got to Mom's we got a call that Gina had to take the baby to the hospital so Christian came to get me so I could help with the kids while Gina stayed in the hospital with Cassandra.  (They had a difficult time getting her oxygen levels stable & they ended up staying 3 nights in the hospital!)  I got to hang out with Donovan while Alana & Luke were in school.  Dono is a very sweet little cuddle bug!  We took a walk everyday - the weather was fabulous & the blossoms were poppin!



We were there over Valentine's Day & I got to play Cupid!  It's been a while since I got to do something fun for the holidays...Gina told me where she had hidden a couple of surprises & we picked up a couple of things to add some excitement, too.



The roses were so pretty & Alana made these cute little roses for her classmates, too.


We got each of the kids a small lego set - they were all smiles & feelin' the love!



That night after dinner we decorated cupcakes.  I let them decorate & eat one, then they helped me decorate the rest.  Luke wasn't interested in decorating any cupcakes that he wasn't going to get to eat (smart boy)...Alana is quite creative & she was in her element!




Cassanni finally came home that night.  We were so relieved to see her feeling better & smiling!


The next morning was my birthday...we went for donuts & to the park...a crazy park with a 3 story play structure!  We played for two hours & enjoyed the warm sunshine.




Cassanni was in a good mood, smiling, laughing, & giggling.  I kept trying to capture her crinkly nose snicker...adorable!



Gina got me a cake & decorated (totally tie-dyed Aquarian fun!) & we celebrated my 58th bday!





Volleyball Fun...

Back in the Bay, we caught the tail end of one of Adia's volleyball tournaments.  I got there early enough to help her with her hair.  Good to know I can still French braid - even Adia's thick horse hair!  (That girl's got A LOT of hair!)  It was fun to watch her play.  She's a great little setter & her game improves every time we see her.





Fun with friends...

Went to dinner with Mike & Vicky the other night to La Foret in Almaden.  That place is crazy good!  It's always nice to visit with good friends.




One more week of February Fun, but it's a quiet week for us...which gives me an opportunity to rest up for March Madness!  (Not the basketball kind of March Madness, just our everyday Middleton Madness!)

3 comments:

Bassetts said...

Fun is right! Makes me miss you guys and wished we lived closer. Can't wait to see you! We may have to make a counting chain...

Linda and Rex said...

My what a scare. So glad that Cassanni is okay. Her crinkle nose is adorable. What a fun and busy month you have had.

Vanessa said...

All your grandkids look so much older! I am glad Gina's baby is feeling better, poor girl.