Tuesday, December 10, 2013

October is over...

...however, it was very eventful!

Kyle's Birthday

We got to crash Kyle's birthday party with the kids.  I love how they were so excited for him to open their gifts!


Paul's gift to Kyle...a lobster tail!  Standing joke between them...Paul missed a couple of Kyle's birthdays in the 80s because his birthday falls on the open day of Lobster Season & Paul went lobster diving with some buddies...Kyle says he is scarred for life!




General Conference

We spent General Conference with da boyz...they are a lively bunch!


Some of my favorite messages...

"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your fears."
"Above all, never lose faith in your Father in Heaven who loves you more than you can comprehend."
"Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble, but by the number of times we stand up, dust ourselves off, & stride forward."
"May we show increased kindness toward one another & may we ever be found doing the work of the Lord."


Happy Fall Y'all!

We spent a couple of weeks in October on a cruise (that deserves its own post...or two) & when we got home, my fall trees were vivid & bright!  Fall colors make me happy!





Go Dawgs!

Ethan had a great year for his first football experience.  Folsom Jr Bulldogs have some serious football families!  I love the pre-game hype as they enter the field through the blow-up Bulldog...


Ethan ended up with quite a bit of game time for a first year player...


Parent appreciation day...


A couple of weeks later, his team won the league championship!  That trophy was almost as big as E!


Trevor, on the other hand (so to speak), broke his other wrist & missed 6 weeks of basketball!



Mom

At the end of October, I went to Bakersfield & I got to see Amber & her little guy, Tyler...



I also went with my mom to the hospital for a lung biopsy.  A while back it was determined that she has lung cancer.  At first, they decided that a biopsy wasn't an option because of Mom's COPD, her age, & weakened condition - however, her oncologist felt like they would be able to do the biopsy successfully afterall, but he wanted to do it in the hospital instead of his office in case of complications...that was a good call because her lung collapsed & we got to spend about 3 days in the hospital - this is where I slept.  Wasn't the most comfortable, but I wasn't going to leave my mommy alone in the hospital - she has NEVER been in the hospital except for when her babies were born.  That would make her last visit in 1955!


I got to bring her home on Halloween.  That weekend was my niece, Andrea's wedding.  Although I didn't let her go to the wedding, we got to see more family who came in town - my brother, Terry.


Ben & Dara...


And just like that, it was November!

1 comment:

Linda and Rex said...

Da boyz are sure growing.
Glad your mom is doing better. Such a worry. She looks so happy to have you there