Sunday, December 1, 2013

Welcome Memphis!

I went straight from Seattle on Saturday, September 28th, because Terri was due the following day on September 29th!  I was prepared to hop on a plane as soon as she went into labor, but that didn't happen...so I was prepared to distract her while she waited for the baby to decide to arrive!

They picked me up at the airport & Terri had been having contractions that afternoon, we grabbed some Cafe Rio for dinner, got the kids in bed & Terri was tired (still experiencing contractions but not consistent enough to worry about)...everyone was in bed by 9pm.  T's contractions kicked in & they were off to the hospital at 11:30pm... 

Memphis Jeffrey Horner was born on his due date at 4:15am!  8lbs, 14oz, 21 inches & tons of dark hair...he waited for his grandmother to arrive so he could make his grand entrance!  The timing was perfect (for me)!  Memphis is our 27th grandchild, the 15th boy.  So precious!


I got to bring the kids to the hospital to meet him for the first time as soon as they woke up...




Olivia was in love at first sight, but Jude wasn't sure what to think about him at first...


Aunt Leah & cousins came to visit...


He had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours...Terri was REALLY ready to come home!


G'pa came in that evening...


It didn't take Jude long to warm up to his little buddy...


I love how they are both so comfortable...



G'pa is so much fun to play with & read with - he really knows how to be fun & silly!






I got to take Liv to school & pick her up.  This day she had a field trip to a pumpkin patch & I snapped this picture as she got off the bus on her very first bus ride!


We went with cousins on a "witch hunt" at Gardner Village (I LOVE this place!)...







 I got to help Terri with Olivia's Halloween Costume.  All I did was make the chaps, Terri worked her magic on all the rest - including her hat & wig!  Liv makes an adorable Jessie & her brothers complete their Toy Story Theme as Woody & Buzz! (I stole these pix from T's blog because I wasn't around for Halloween.)



We met the Bassetts (minus Keira who had a previous engagement) for dinner one night at Olive Garden...


Liv helped me a lot in the kitchen - she's gonna be a great cook!


They scheduled Memphis' blessing at home so we could participate.





These girls LOVE each other!




Terri's family...


Ben's family...


One last photo before we had to leave...


Welcome to the family Memphis...we are a crazy bunch!  We are glad Heavenly Father sent you to us!

1 comment:

Linda and Rex said...

They sure know how to make cute babies. What a great time you had with them. Lucky you.