Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Seattle in September

Way back in September, Paul had a business trip to Seattle so I tagged along with him so I could visit Jill & family for a few days, then he joined us for a couple of days.

They picked me up from the Airporter & we headed to Dairy Queen for Family Night...


We all died laughing when Macy says, "Grandma, you have a BIG crack!"


I got lots of snuggles...


And I got to help make some Halloween costumes!  I have always loved coming up with fun costumes for my kids & helping them make their visions come to life.  Halloween has always been a favorite!  I really loved helping with their Wizard of Oz themed costumes!


Even Macy got to help!  She was pretty excited to sew some of her own costume...


We celebrated Kiff's birthday.  I love how animated he was for the kids...birthdays are pretty magical when you are little, but Kiff had to hurry off to a meeting & couldn't party long.



We worked on more Halloween costumes...& got most of them done.  Jill just had to add the details...



I pulled these pix off Jill's blog (from her Halloween post) so you could see the finished products!  I made Dorothy's dress (with Macy's help), Glinda's dress, & the Tin Man's suit, but Jill added all the details to create the real magic!  Don't they look awesome!?



Paul finally joined us mid-week & we enjoyed an outing to Macy's soccer practice...





Proof that Jack & Jill went up the hill indeed!  He is quite a load & Jill kept having to "fetch" him instead of the proverbial pail of water!


G'pa took turns chasing him, too...



I love that Paul still loves to play with the kids...they kinda like it, too!  There is tons of giggles & laughter when he's around!


We are teaching Macy what "spooning" is...3 generational...


Jill worked a little magic with her camera while we were there & Paul helped her out when she jumped in front of the lens herself for a couple of Mom & Me shots!



Macy has become such a great little reader...


It's always hard to say goodbye...such happy little critters.  Wish we lived closer...they grow up too quickly!


1 comment:

Linda and Rex said...

Being with family is so wonderful. The look of happiness is all over your face. I LOVE your photos that Jill took. Really, can she make me a beautiful as you?