Saturday, November 2, 2013

A friend's wedding

One of the reasons Terri & family got to stay a little longer was because she was a bridesmaid in her friend Sarina's wedding.  The day before the wedding Terri had responsibilities with the bridal party so Ben & I took the kids to Happy Hallow.  I don't believe I had been there since Ty was in kindergarten!  It's a cute little zoo & amusement park - Liv & Jude are the perfect age for it...we had a blast!



They had an exotic animal show & Ben volunteered to help hold this giant snake!



The kids had a great time on all the rides - they were so excited as they ran from ride to ride & they were all smiles!



 We weren't sure how Jude would do on this roller coaster, but he literally squeeled with delight through the whole ride...we could hardly get him off at the end!



After Happy Hallow we went to G'ma & G'pa Middleton's for a little visit.  She brought out her little Hot Wheels cars & dress up toys & the kids entertained themselves while we visited...




We took the long drive out to Half Moon Bay for the wedding.  It was held at the cutest venue I think I've ever seen for a wedding, The Long Branch Saloon & Farms - perfect for Sarina's western theme.  They had an old western town with all kinds of activities for the guests to enjoy...it was super fun!


Terri & Sarina

The Saloon Girls

Rubbing the baby belly for luck...



They actually served drinks from this bar!






Olivia put on quite a show on the dance floor...she was not shy one bit!  Jude took a little more coaxing...




I was happy to come & help with the kids so Terri could introduce Ben to her high school friends, many of whom she hadn't seen since graduation.  We drove back to the Riverhouse that evening & just relaxed the next day before they had to head back to Utah.

Terri & Ben - Thanks for including us in your family fun - it was nice to spend some extra time with you & the kids.

1 comment:

The Horners said...

That WAS a fun wedding! Thanks for coming with us.