Lunch at Opa's with Paul's mom & sisters before Karen headed back to the frozen tundra of Missouri! I am so lucky to be a part of this family - I love these women!
The Office Christmas Party was held early this year. Maggianno's is a favorite - everyone was there except Sylvia, she wasn't feeling well. My pix didn't turnout so great, it was pretty dark in the restaurant...(clockwise - Us, Brent & Danxia, Peter & ShirleyAnn, Mike, Lucy & Eddie)
Our Relief Society Christmas party was also held early. Don't let these sweet faces fool you, they are vicious when it comes to the gift exchange game they play every year!
Our Annual Christmas Card...(minus Adia who was on a service mission to Burkina Faso, Africa & Ty & his little family who were waiting patiently for baby Trey to arrive)
Mom's last Christmas...of course, at the time, I didn't know it was gonna be her last Christmas, but I suspected. I was able to help her set up her Christmas tree & other decor. With her COPD, it is difficult for her to exert herself, but she has a place for everything & she directs where it all goes!
I especially love this next picture...it says so much about my mom. She spent many hours in the activities room putting together beautiful puzzles, many of which are displayed throughout the halls of Pinewood, including the four seen on the walls here. She decorated this small round table in front of her apartment door for every holiday & set out a candy dish full of candy for anyone who passed by. Her door was always open for people to poke their head in & say hello. She was open & friendly & everyone knew her name. She always put her Christmas tree out in the hallway instead of inside her apartment so others could enjoy it, too. She had little musical decorations that brought a smile to those who passed by. It brightened up the place & made her happy to share with others.
She led the "Sit & Stretch" activity every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. She was very faithful & dedicated, never missing a class up until a week before she passed. Although she was a quiet & private person, she made it a point to talk to everyone & get to know them. "Everyone has a story," she would tell me, "Everyone needs a friend." I grew to love her "friends" at Pinewood, too. They were kind to Mom & made her feel at home in their community. At the end of every "Sit & Stretch" class she would say, "Okay! Now give yourselves a hug (everyone would hug themselves), & a pat on the back (everyone would reach back & pat themselves on their back), Good Job!" (everyone would applaud a job well done). When I grow up, I want to be just like her!
Trevor turns 14! We went to see him play basketball on his birthday. Taking pictures with his grandparents probably isn't on his birthday list, but he was a good sport anyway - at least they won the game & went on to win their middle school championship!
A Visit with the Holyoaks...we went to Washington a few days early for Macy's baptism to visit with Jill & family. It was fun to enjoy some of their Christmas traditions; Christmas crafts, making festive pizza's, reading Christmas books, & seeing some Christmas lights! Loved snuggling with these cute kids! Thanks for a fun time!
Polar Express Party...Adia was feeling nostalgic & wanted to have a Polar Express Party like we did in the "good ol' days" - here we are at the very 1st one in 2006!
We didn't want to disappoint her so Paul dusted off his conductor attire, I printed tickets & made the sign for the Burb, we had donuts & hot chocolate & watched the movie just like old times! Glad to be a part of her happy childhood memories...
![]() |
| (Top with Trevor 2006, Bottom 2014) |
Merry Christmas! We spent Christmas Eve with da Boyz, then Christmas morning at the Middletons & Christmas night back at the Petersens. (Just so you know, Christmas is WAY more fun with kids!) I didn't take ANY pictures Christmas Eve or Christmas night & here are the few I took from Christmas morning...Amy hosted a delicious brunch - World famous waffles, omelets, & cinnamon rolls! I got a little creative with my fruit plate (thank you Pinterest).
![]() |
| When do they decide taking pix aren't cool? |
We did score some great gifts from the kids; like this great webbed swing to replace our tire swing out back & this lovely little Michael Kors number!
One of my favorite things about Christmas is hearing from loved ones all over! I didn't even get them all up until after Christmas & they stayed up way into January! I couldn't bring myself to take them down!
New Years Eve was quiet. We went to a movie, stopped by my cousins housewarming party to see their new house, & were home by 9:00pm for a little Martinelli's & to watch the Ball drop on Times Square...that's as close to midnight as we get anymore! And just like that it was 2015!





































1 comment:
So nice to catch up on what you have been doing. I look forward to being caught up to date but you have been so busy seeing so many wonderful families and friends.
Post a Comment