Saturday, February 21, 2015

Sixty

Birthdays don't usually bother me but for some reason, this one did!  On February 15th, I turned SIXTY! 6-0!  That just really sounds OLD!  In talking with Paul about why I was dreading this birthday so much, I told him that I really felt like this would be the year that I bury my mom - I felt pretty strongly that she wouldn't make it to another Christmas...well, she didn't make it through January.  I think I was dreading that milestone (loosing my mother) instead of actually turning 60, but 60 came & went & my life is still wonderful!  

Do I have trials & challenges? YES! But I know that is part of this life & I am strong & healthy & I have a loving family & great faith in God to help me through them, so life really is good & there are wonderful things ahead of me! I want to let go of all the things that weigh me down so I can concentrate on all those things that lift me up!  I'm starting with my hair color...I am embracing my "wisdom highlights" & letting go of the "bottle blonde" - gray hair, don't care! After all, we are about to welcome our 29th & 30th grandchild this year...I have earned these gray hairs & I am proud to show them off! Cindi cut it super short & the old blonde has almost completely grown out!

Way back at the beginning of January, Terri took these photos of me to celebrate my new decade...





Happy Birthday to me!

Sophia Loren said, “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” 

Age is just a number.  But life? Life. Is. Good.

1 comment:

Gina Deceuster said...

Gray is in! http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/beauty/celebrity/hair/2012/01/hair-trend-grey-colour/viewgallery/681829