Paul wanted to take me someplace fun to distract me for/from my birthday. He told me we were going "south" & to pack for the beach. Then he told me to bring some "comfortable walking shoes"...hmmmm...south, walking shoes - I'll bet he's going to take me to Disneyland because he knows I love it! So we began my birthday weekend at the beach!
Then he told me we had reservations at 7pm at a restaurant. I was a little annoyed because I was in my "beach attire" & we weren't going to stop by the hotel first before dinner. I felt gross & wanted a shower! But when he pulled up to Joe's Crab Shack I felt a little better because it is a super casual place. What I didn't know was there were people I love waiting inside for me! SURPRISE!!!
They bought me a "selfie stick!"
I could not believe these girls planned this trip (with the help of Paul) & made arrangements to come all the way to California to celebrate with me & cheer me up - especially because they had all just been to my mom's funeral a couple of weeks earlier! Such a sacrifice of time & money to turn around & come back for my birthday! Many thanks to those who helped make it happen by taking care of all the families that were left at home so these girls could get away & play with me! It was the perfect birthday surprise!
They rented a great house within walking distance of the park...
Ready for some fun! The shirts are the BEST & generated a lot of attention throughout the day! Mine says "I'm the MOM" in Disney font, theirs say "MOM is sixty" - so cute!
It was Trey's first visit & I'm sure Christi was nervous for many reasons; the measles outbreak a few months back, TONS of people with tons of germs, surrounded by noise & chaos & not knowing how Trey would react, & 8 aunts (some of them are meeting Trey for the 1st time) who want to help & really want to hold him! You are such a good sport Christi! Every time we peeked in on Trey in his stroller, he was smiling!
They convinced me to ride California Screamin'...I don't do roller coasters, but hey - you only turn 60 once!
The fun NEVER stopped!
Had to document our Luigi's experience. The park is closing this attraction indefinitely but we had one last wild ride...
We were sad that the castle was closed/hidden. It was being gussied up for the big 60th birthday celebration being held this summer. Yes, Disneyland & I are the same age. My dad was actually a painter in Tomorrowland, helping "Walt" get ready for the big opening day in 1955. I was only 6 months old on my first visit...I count it even though I don't remember it!
Take that Sleeping Beauty's Castle! I'm 60 & you are, too! We are both going strong...
These two little mommies are expecting & couldn't ride many of the attractions, but they were good sports about it & it gave them an excuse to hang out with Trey so Christi could enjoy some of the rides!
Waiting for the Tiki Room I heard this "Happy Birthday Jenny!" I turned around & found a "birthday buddy!" Her mom was nice enough to let me take a picture with her. Not only the same day, but the same NAME!
Day 2 - we ran into Mickey the minute we walked into the park but we are missing Christi who ducked into the bathroom to feed Trey & Gina had to head back home...
We ran into my buddy, Claire (who actually works at Disneyland). We worked together on the very first USA Cheerleading Staff teaching cheer camps 40 years ago. It was fun to see her & get a quick hug...
Trey may not ever remember his first trip to Disneyland, but I will NEVER forget it! Truly the "Happiest Place on Earth" for me, celebrating the "Happiest Birthday Surprise on Earth!"
So grateful to all who made this trip possible!






















































2 comments:
How fun! You make sixty look amazing!
Such fun pictures! So glad I got to be there to celebrate with you.
Post a Comment