Trey came to visit! Ty & Christi moved to Reno for the summer while Ty was in-between jobs. They got here the day of our Primary activity, The Bishop's Bash & Splash. It was hot & a little crazy, but once the primary kids left, Trey had the place to himself!
...until Aunt Cindi showed up with Aunt Nicole. Aunt Cindi came for a visit while her Midgets went to see family in Florida. Trey wasn't sure about all the attention & he wasn't sure how he felt about the River, but we are all sure that we think he's pretty awesome!
Girls Night Out at Chicago Fire...YUM!
Avery's & Kenyon's baptism - We met at Negro Bar State Park in Folsom to celebrate Avery's & Kenyon's decision to be baptized. We are so proud of them both for wanting to show their faith & devotion as they strive to live their lives to honor God.
![]() |
| G'ma Gloria |
Dara's Baby Shower - Dara's beautiful sisters hosted a baby shower for Dara & Baby Ryan at Sonoma Chicken Coop. Dara was showered with love by many family & friends! Dara's sister, Sopheak, really went all out with all the cookies & sweet treats she made...
![]() |
| Davy, Sopheak, Dara, & Chenda |
Our gift for Baby Ryan was her carseat & stroller, but I also wanted to make something so I recreated the Mickey Mouse blanket that I made while I was expecting Ben. Sadly, the blanket accidentally got tossed while moving from Tennessee to California. I was sick about it so I took these old photos & tried to recreate this little labor of love. Ben's nursery was decorated in Mickey Mouse characters & I made the quilt for his bed, but it hung on his wall for a long time, as shown in on of these old pics. All of the kids wrapped up in it when they were little. You can see Ben holding Cindi wrapped up in it & Ty is napping all wrapped up in it, too. I felt great nostalgia as my 1st baby was about to have his 1st baby & I enjoyed remembering my babies as I made the new quilt...
![]() |
8 is Great! We were happy to attend Jason's baptism, too. We got there early enough for me to help Cindi with some fun CTR cookies - CTR = Choose The Right! We are proud of the good choices that Jason is making!
Such a fun little family with such happy smiles! Jason had lots of friends there to support him, too. Rob & Danee Lowry came up from Yuma & of course the Demke's are such great friends!
Such a handsome boy! Jason was pretty excited about his quilt. He chose this fun alligator fabric & I was happy with how it turned out, too.
Celebrating Nicole's 30th! Nicole's friends took her all the way to Vegas in a limo to celebrate her 30th birthday & her friend Elise surprised her with a giant poster filled with love notes & pictures from family & friends. It was super special, just like Nicole! We got to take her to dinner on her birthday & continue the celebration...while we were there, we got a text from Benara that Dara's water had broke & they were at the hospital! We kept thinking that Nicole was going to get a birthday buddy, but Ryan had other plans...
Welcome Baby Ryan! I didn't sleep very well, waiting for Ben to call, but he never did so I began to worry. The next morning when I got up, sure enough, Dara was still in labor! Poor thing! Paul was on a scout campout, so I jumped in the car & drove to San Jose from the Riverhouse thinking she would have arrived before I got there, but she was NOT in a hurry to be delivered! I got to be in the room with Benara, Mah & Chenda when Ryan finally decided to make her appearance! After 31 hours of labor, 3 1/2 hour of pushing, Ryan Daranni Carter, was born at 9:50 pm on June 25th. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz., 20 inches long. She is Dara's little mini-me!
Welcome to this crazy family little sweet pea! You are loved so very much!







































1 comment:
So much happening and I would like to think I am caught up but I don't think anyone ever gets caught up in your family. Good to see all that has been going on.
Post a Comment