Saturday, May 2, 2015

Springtime in Utah...

...is my 2nd favorite after Fall.  Fall colors are spectacular in Utah! I digress...


Hey Jude! Happy Bday!

We visited our Utah kids in April, just in time for Jude's 4th Bday!  He was pretty excited about his Ninja Turtle party, complete with PIZZA!







Olivia's Dance Competition

I came out a couple of days early to see one of Olivia's dance competitions.  It was fun to watch, remembering the excitement, & watching the performances.  Utah has A LOT of really great dance programs!








Carter Cousins

Katelyn & Zach joined us for Sunday dinner.  It was fun to visit with them & catch up on all the Carter news in Memphis...




Middleton Cousins

It has been a while since Paul got to visit our Middleton nieces & nephews that live in Utah, so when I picked Paul up at the airport we drove straight up to Chad's near Logan.  What a piece of heaven on earth!  They have their own lake in their backyard!  I wish I'd taken more pix of their gorgeous home!



On the way back to Leah's we met up with Tyler & family for lunch, then Rebecca's family for dinner.  I'm sure I embarrassed everyone with my silly selfie-stick, but we're all in the picture!





It's a...........?

Leah & family were out of town when we first got to Utah, but when they got home we were able to go with them for Leah's ultrasound to determine if they were going to have a girl or a boy.  It was so fun to see the baby squirm around, but it took a long time AND a second technician to finally determine that they are having another GIRL!  




BYU Women's Conference - DAY 1

I like to visit Utah at the end of April because that is when BYU holds their annual Women's Conference!  I love attending this wonderful event!  It inspires me & motivates me to focus more on what matters most! My favorite classes this year were a class on Fitness & Health, A Principle With a Promise; Help & Hope, Coping with Depression; & Living a Covenant Life - Guilt Free, Putting Perfectionism into Perspective.  I love the added/renewed strength I get by listening to these wonderful presentations!  Of course, it's nice to have a couple of my girls join me, too!




We don't always go to the same classes because our needs & interests are different.  I attended most of my classes by myself & Terri & Leah ended up in several of the same classes together...they sent me this selfie during their first class...


...so I sent them this after I met some new friends who were probably mortified when I busted out my selfie-stick! (I truly have no idea who these lovely ladies are, but everyone is so nice at this event!)


I ran into an old San Jose friend, Julie Alger Johnson.  She is married to our Ben's BFF (Matt Johnson) from high school...




Olivia's Spring Performance...

We ate a quick dinner & rushed over to Olivia's school for her Spring Performance.  Olivia is in a Spanish emersion program & most of their songs were in Spanish.  She was super excited to have so much family support - especially her favorite cousins!  Such cute girls!





DAY 2 - BYU Women's Conference...

Another beautiful day at BYU!  I love the flowers everywhere!



Another reason (or two) to love BYU...chocolate mint brownies & kettle corn!  YUM!


Ran into another friend, Shaun Borup, who now lives in Wyoming.  She was the Relief Society President when we first moved into the Rescue Ward 8 1/2 years ago!




Our last day...

We got to watch most of the girls' tumbling classes while we were visiting & Keira had a soccer game that we all went to on Saturday before we headed to the airport to come home.  G'pa is showing Olivia where we live compared to where she lives on the map...


These girls love each other & are so cute together! Keira played a great game!



Lexi & Olivia had their own game going on...


Time to leave...Memphis wasn't feeling the photo shoot & Jude's face is priceless!


Goodbye for now, Utah!  I hope to see you in the Fall when your bright colors cover your beautiful mountains....AND we have a new little baby girl to meet!


No comments: