The night before the race...
Ready at 0 dark:30am to begin the race with the 2.4 mile swim...
Taking off on the 112 mile bike ride...
Starting the marathon - a 26.22 mile run!
Rick's biggest fans...
The kids were so excited waiting for Rick to run by them on his first 13+ mile lap - here he is 1/2 way through his marathon. When they saw him they erupted into cheers that turned everyone's heads! It was so fun! Paul must have grabbed my camera for these shots...
I got this one on my cell phone - look at Rick's smile & the proud look on Leah's face!
A stranger across the street took these because he thought our little cheering section was so cool...
after Rick ran by, he came up & asked for my email to send them to me. I love nice people!
I wish this next pic was more clear, but I love it anyway! This is Rick crossing the finish line! As tears are streaming down our faces, the announcer belts out, "Rick Bassett, from Lehi, Utah - 33 year old father of four - you are an IRONMAN!"
Such a very long & rewarding day! Great job Rick - it was an honor to be there to support you!
T.S. Elliot said, "Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."















No comments:
Post a Comment