Sunday, November 29, 2015

A Season of Gratitude


Thanksgiving was quiet for us this year. Our local kids had other plans - Kyle's family headed to San Jose & Rochelle was hosting the Petersens at her house, but invited us & Nicole to join them. It felt weird not to cook, but I was kinda glad I didn't have to! It was a nice break.

Lindsay's boyfriend brought oysters to grill. They did not look appetizing to me at all, but Paul said they were delicious. I was NOT convinced enough to try them, but a couple of da boyz did!






I was happy to hold out for the more traditional Thanksgiving foods. This bird was beautiful AND delicious!


It was nice to be surrounded by family & friends & take in what it means to be grateful for all we have...



A season of gratitude is a season of giving thanks...gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, & a vision for tomorrow. Gratitude turns what we have into enough.

No comments: