SERVICE - We participated in an on going service project our
ward has by preparing/serving meals to the needy at The Upper Room in
Placerville…
NEW TOYS! We always take inventory about this time of year, put away our summer activities, & get ready for fall. We decided to “retire” our old air hockey table & upgrade a few of our toys around the house – ready for future fun…
TOFW - I attended Time Out for Women with some lovely ladies
from my ward…I also ran into Paul’s cousin, Chet Harmer & some San Jose
friends; Christie Saville Buchanan with her new baby girl & Lynnette Barlow
with her (not so baby anymore) daughter Lindsay! We were challenged to make a promise to do
something that would be a testimony of the living proof of the Savior at work
in our lives.
Last year at TOFW I got a text from Ty that Christi was in
labor & Trey was born the next day.
This year I got a text from Leah that she was in labor & Paige Leah
Bassett was born September 11, 2015 - 8# 10oz, 21” long. So excited to welcome
our 30th grandchild!
REMEBERING…I love the fall, it is really one of my favorite
times of the year, but it always gives me a melancholy feeling – this year even
more so as I remembered the anniversary of my brother’s tragic death 45 years
ago, September 12, 1970. He was only 17
at the time, 2 years older than me. His
senior portraits were actually taken earlier on the day he died in a car wreck
on I-5 @ the Grapevine. I often wonder what he would have been like now – what
kind of job would he have chosen or would he have given me more nieces/nephews
to love? But I do believe I will see him
again & I know the promise of forever families made possible by the
Savior’s gift to us all. Mosiah 16:8 “But there is a resurrection,
therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in
Christ.”
MY FAIRY GODMOTHER - I know the Fairy Godmother personally! I got a text from Jill while her family was at Disneyland with this picture that said, “Look who we found!” My friend has worked at Disneyland for about 40 years. I love it when she’s working & my family runs into her! It’s impressive for a child to realize that their grandmother knows the Fairy Godmother personally! We used to teach cheerleading camps together & she has remained a dear friend through the years. I sent her the photo with a thank you & as always, she shows concern for me…
![]() |
| USA STAFF 1976 |
MY BROTHER DENNIS went in for a biopsy on September 15, 2016
& didn’t survive the procedure. Cindi was at the hospital waiting to visit
him in recovery when I got the call. It was unexpected & really took us all
by surprise. My brother Terry & I
flew into Phoenix the next day to make arrangements & clean out his
apartment. So grateful for Cindi who dropped everything & helped us clear
out his apartment. Neither Terry nor I were much help – it was difficult to
think clearly while we were both grieving for our brother. Dennis’ golf buddies & co-workers invited
us to a celebration in his honor. I
often worried about Dennis being alone & far away from family, but it was
clear that he wasn’t alone. He was
surrounded by a community of caring friends who loved him. It was comforting to meet them & hear
their stories. It was a touching &
tender send off as we released some colorful helium balloons into the heavens…
I stayed a few days extra to visit with the midgets &
meet their newest addition, Scooter!
WELCOME PAIGE #30 – I got home from Phoenix just in time to
hop on a plane to meet Leah’s new baby girl! She is so adorable & cuddly
& so fresh from heaven - a great reminder of Heavenly Father’s Plan of
Happiness & very healing for me. We took
Cooper on a little field trip to Thanksgiving Point, got to hang out & play
with all the Utah kids, & participate in Paige’s blessing.
So long September... "Tis the last rose of summer, left blooming alone; all her lovely companions are faded and gone." Thomas Moore



























No comments:
Post a Comment