Sunday, May 8, 2016

May is for MOMS

Let's face it...without KIDS, there would be no mothers! So HOORAY for kids! Here are my favorite kids when thy were babies...

These babies are all grown up now...but how lucky am I that they all call me MOM? This is what my Mother's Day is all about. Do you recognize any of them?


I posted this on Facebook & long time family friend, Shalon Huey Whitgob, was able to guess correctly. I've posted their senior pix below their baby pix here... I'm proud of many things in my life, but nothing beats being a mother to these crazy MidCart kids. Happy Mother's Day to me!



Every Mother's Day I wear this pin that T-Dolly made for me when she was in 3rd grade. I always loved the cute little cards/notes/gifts that the kids brought home from school & when I wear this pin, it reminds me of all those cute kids who love me & call me MOM.



My mom didn't have much of a childhood. She was married at 15 & had my oldest brother when she was only 16. In this picture, I'm a newborn in my mother's arms...she was only 21! She worked hard all of her life so I didn't have to & she loved being a mother.  Sharon Jaynes said, "Successful mothers are not the ones who never struggled, they are the ones who never give up, despite their struggles." 
Thank you for teaching me to never give up, Mom! I love you & I miss you every day. 


I have been blessed with a wonderful mother. She showed me that you don't have to complain about the hard things in life, everyone has hard things. She showed me how to accept people for who they are, not who you want them to be. She showed me that hard work is the best way to get things done. She showed me that "things" don't make you happy. She showed me that friends will come & go, but family is forever. She showed me selflessness, she often sacrificed her needs for my wants. She showed me that love is unconditional...she loved me even when I wasn't very love-able. I still feel her love surround me through heaven's veil. I won the lottery when it comes to moms.

Thinking of all the moms in my life...Bonnie Lou taught me that there can be joy in family life - families who work hard & play hard together grow close with a bond that is fierce, yet always have room for others...from the bottom of my heart, thanks for making room for me! And my mother-in-laws...Johnnie Lou taught me to have faith & trust in the Lord - she had the brightest testimony of the gospel. Barbara Jeanne taught me that kindness is one of the greatest virtues there is - she has the gift of kindness & sincerity that helps others know that they are loved & valued.


"Behold thy mother" today & everyday.



Nicole came to visit me this year on Mother's Day & brought my favorites - yellow roses. They are beautiful, just like her!

1 comment:

Gina Deceuster said...

I love everything about this. Thanks for volunteering to be a mother to me. ❤