Saturday, July 9, 2016

A Special Baptism

These cute cousins are 8 days apart! How fun that they are so close in age & will experience many special events in their lives about the same time! These girls thought it would be great fun to share the same baptism day & we are so grateful for everyone who went out of their way to make it happen! It was truly a SPECIAL day for these special girls! It's great to be 8!!!





We all met at Aunt Leah's house the day before & the moms took the girls on a cute little photo session. The girls were so excited & sweet to each other & very giggly! Aunt Terri took these adorable pix & they had some printed for display at the reception after the baptism...





The girls were all baptized in "birthday order" by their dads one right after the other - Keira, Olivia, then Lucie...


Their moms went right to work braiding their wet heads into these cute little crowns on their heads...
Beautiful moms with their beautiful daughters...


I got to give the girls their quilts together. The girls either chose the fabrics, colors, or patterns that reflect their interests/personalities...





It was definitely a proud grandparent moment! We are so happy that these girls are learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ & that they have chosen to be baptized like Him...

I'm trying to be like Jesus;
I'm following in his ways.
I'm trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
"Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught."

1 comment:

Linda and Rex said...

What a precious experience. The girls are so beautiful with their smiles of joy and radiance from the Spirit. Thanks for sharing.