She is an amazing woman! My brother T & I joined her for the Annual Cowell Family Reunion yesterday...(We missed you Dennis!)
It was a smaller group than usual, but it's always great to see family. This is my mom's contribution to the event this year. (Paul was still en route when photos were taken, but he was there, too.)
The BBQ is definately worth the trip - thanks for taking care of the grill Uncle Roger! My mom & her siblings; Uncle Al, Auntie Shirley, "Lucy", & Uncle Roger.
9 out of 14 cousins were there...
...Since Joy missed the cousin photo above, we made her pose with us for this one...we are the only girl cousins out of that 14.
My mother is a very young great-great-grandmother, which makes my brother a very young great-grandfather...5 generations is pretty unusual these days...
...but having 5 generations isn't the only reason my mother is amazing - she is one of the strongest women I know & I pray everyday that I can learn to be more like her! She raised & supported four terrific kids pretty much by herself! (Aren't we cute?)
Now after some 50 years of making draperies, Glenda of "Glenda's Draperies" has "closed up" shop...
...sold her equipment & her home & has moved into an "independent senior living apartment complex" - NO, this is NOT a nursing home! (Not that there is anything wrong with a nursing home.)
She has her own apartment; one bedroom & kitchenette. There is a central dining room where she enjoys three meals a day & also has many activities to choose from. The best part of it for me (& her) is that she chose this herself - this is what she wanted to do & I want to support her in the decisions she makes.
Change takes great courage & I admire the courage my mom has shown as she begins this new chapter in her life! I had the privilege of staying with her recently & participating in a couple of her activities. She is meeting new friends & enjoying a new social life. Good move, Mom - I love you!











7 comments:
Grandma is so cute! Love it!!!
What a sweet post. I love that you mom is accepting and adapting to the changes in her life. I want to be like that. What is the point in crying. I loved reading about your family and seeing the pictures of your loved ones.
She is so cute. I miss my gramma!
Looks like I missed yet another fun Cowel Reunion! I miss G"ma!!
In my busy life... I miss her the most (you guys too), but it is more frustrating when that amazing lady lives just a few miles away, and I can't get enough of her!
What a great blog - how great to read about your mom and see the neat pictures. It was great to see the pictures of all the people that mean so much to you.
Aaaah, what a sweet post!
Post a Comment