Wednesday, October 7, 2009

World Wide Day of Play


Saturday, September 26th, was the “World Wide Day of Play.” We happened to be in Mesa with Cindi’s critters & after breakfast they wanted to watch Noggin on Nickelodeon. When they turned on the TV, they were surprised that their regular shows weren’t on…there was a message posted on the screen advertising the World Wide Day of Play & all of a sudden this cartoon character popped out & said, “What are you still doing here? Turn off the TV & go outside & play!” So we did! We went across the street to the park…


…we played on the swings…


…we played on the slide…


…we hung upside down…



& it was really HOT! So we came back home & went swimming!


We jumped & splashed…


…G’pa threw critters in the pool…


…& Pa threw Cori REALLY HIGH…


…then this cute little thing…


…decided to dip my camera in the swimming pool when I wasn’t looking - so I wasn’t able to take anymore pix! (At least I was able to save the memory card!) Yes, another camera has suffered under my care. Incase you don’t remember, I haven’t had the best luck with cameras…I guess I will have to add this "dipped in the pool" camera with the one I lost in Brasil, the one I dropped in the ocean in Hawaii, & the one I dropped down the rocks while rock climbing at Camp Ritchie...but we had a fun day & a great visit with Cindi & family. Thanks guys – we miss you already. (I guess I won't be posting any more pix for awhile...at least until my favorite person can get me another camera to destroy - I mean USE - How long do you think it will take him to replace it? I've only complained about not having one about 50 times so far...)

9 comments:

Brett said...

Looks like so much fun, bummer about the camera though. I think you need this:

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Stylus-1050SW-Digital-Black/dp/B001CCJNY4

with this taped to the bottom

http://www.amazon.com/Zoombak-ZMBK346-Advanced-Universal-Locator/dp/B001EJP3CG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254946938&sr=1-3

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Yeah, Brett, that's great for when I "misplace" one - but how does this help when I drop it in the pool, or the ocean, or leave it on some other continent? :)

The Horners said...

All of your cameras have been destroyed while traveling. Maybe this means you should stay put for a while :) Looks like you guys had fun though. I love that all of their little faces are pink from the heat. Cute little nuggets.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Soooo...you think I should stay home & not come see you this weekend, T-dolly? Well, since I don't have a camera to use, lose, or destroy - it's probably safe to come visit. :)

the walker family said...

Two words...Olympus Stylus. Doesn't take amazing picture but it's water-proof, shock-proof, freeze-proof...pretty much kid proof. But not absent minded mother proof. I left mine on a plane. Oops. AND you can take underwater pictures and video. Anyway, just a thought! The pics you managed to get are CUTE!

the walker family said...

Ha! and i just now read the first comment posted. :-)

the walker family said...

and now i just realized I'm signed into my sisters account. this is cassie. "HI!" last comment, i promise.

Comarsh Crew said...

How fun! I didn't hear about that world wide day of play - I'm missing out! I changed my blog link - be sure to change it to: http://jcomarsh.blogspot.com/

Linda and Rex said...

More beautiful grandchildren. You are blessed. So are they.