Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kyle's Kritters

My favorite DIL (Daughter in law) took a much needed vacation to visit her sister in NYC, We were happy to have Kyle & their kritters hang out with us for a few days – No, I do NOT have a new camera yet, but Adia brought a camera with her so I took advantage of it!

One night we made Hobo dinners (foil dinners)…



Everyone got to make their own masterpiece – then we took them out back to the fire pit…



They were delish!


One morning Kyle took Adia fishing but all they caught was a few crawdads…


I taught Adia how to tie a quilt while she was here. She is really into horses so she helped me pick out the fabric & we made her a personal sized quilt...



(Practicing goofey faces is always fun!)…


Kenyon fell asleep in the middle of a Dr. Seuss story – he was one tired little boy!


We walked into town one day to check out "Coloma Live" & learn about life in the 49ers Miner’s Tent Town.


We played pioneer games with hoops & sticks…


We played tug-o-war & stilts…


(Looks like my photo skills are getting rusty without a camera of my own!)


We tried our skills on an old-school wooden bowling lane…


We learned how to “fetch” water…


& had to carry it all the way across camp!


“Miss Flora” taught the kritters a few card tricks…


We learned how Sutter’s Mill operated with tons of “hands on” activities for kids.


We “observed” panning for gold (because G’ma was too cheap to spring for 5 little would-be miners at $5.00 a pop!)


We learned how the cannon worked & much, much more!


I just love my cute little “stuck in time” community!
(And to my favorite Dil, hope you had a nice visit & welcome home.)

6 comments:

The McGraths said...

very cute.

rad6 said...

Ok, that all looks like so much fun! What a great time. The firepit is awesome... is that new?
I love the Coloma live thing... when do they do that? I would love to bring my family to that sometime. Do they do it often?
The quilt it amazing... I am trying to learn to quilt. I might gfive up and wait a few more years.
Fun to see your blog. BUY A CAMERA for heavens sake!!!!!

Middleton said...

Thank you so much for helping Kyle with the kids! It looks like they had lots of fun and learned a bunch too. Oh and I had a great trip!

The Holyoaks said...

Love the quilt! Looks like they had fun. Are you tired from all this babysitting you've been doing lately?

Jill said...

loved the quilt!! it would have taken me forever to sew that.

Linda and Rex said...

What beautiful children. Great idea about the quilt. I may steel that someday. (Then again, maybe not. Might be too much work. :)