
Yes, that is our hot tub & this is our outdoor kitchen…barbeque anyone?

Remember my beautiful backyard?

Well, this is what it looked like Monday at 7:00am!

…my apricot tree…

…looking up the driveway…

…from the front gate…

We have close to a dozen fallen branches all over the property – here are 4 limbs down off this gorgeous old oak alone! (Yes, this is the middle of our volleyball court!)

This branch (close up) bounced off the roof of the house (Luckily, no damages to the roof!) – you can’t tell, but the fallen branch in the back ground took out the back side of my garden!

My water feature is more of an ice rink…


We are somewhat confused – we were told that it never snows in Coloma! After all, we are only 750 ft above sea level in our little valley. The neighbors say it hasn’t snowed like this in some 30 years! Tell me again about global warming?

Rafting anyone? Meet us at Henningson Park in Lotus…

This is what we saw on our way out of the valley Monday…



…the power lines weave in & out of all the beautiful trees in our area. Coloma has been without power since early Monday morning! (I’ve been at my mom’s in Bakersfield & Paul was in San Jose working a couple of days.) Our neighbor called this evening to let us know that we’ve got power again…after almost 5 days! However, another storm is passing through tonight! As beautiful as the snow is,I'm glad I wasn’t there freezing without power!
12 comments:
Geez that's a lot of snow!!!!!! I can't believe it! It seems so nuts to see Coloma looking like that. No need for Christmas in Coloma to bring a truck of snow in this year! Brrrrrr!
I can't believe that! I didn't think it snowed like that anywhere in California except the mountains. We haven't even had enough snow to cover the ground.
Crazy! Jessi would love it! Keep warm.
That IS a lot of snow! Might as well come live with me :) I bet the grandkids who are living out there are loving this! But geezzz all those trees = danger! Be careful driving back home!
That is so crazy! I can't believe Cali got that much snow! It sure looks beautiful though!
your backyard is still beautiful with snow. so glad you took all these pictures.
Wow. Cool. You have your own Christmas card pictures with all the beautiful snow at your place. Bummer about the trees and electricity.
Wow!! That is a ton - we have just about as much here right now, but we are in Utah, that's normal. The Riverhouse looks beautiful in the snow though!
Wow that is a long time to be without power! Did you lose all of your food in your fridge and freezer? But I must say your house looks so pretty with the snow!
wow, you got it good up there. It is SOOOOOO beautiful though. Glad you were able to get out to a warmer place.
It really is beautiful there with that snow.
Has it snowed in Coloma in the past 20 years???
CRAZY!
That looks so beautiful!!
Linda told me they had snow in Tracy for the 1st time in 40 years - didn't realize you'd gotten such an onslaught !!!! Can't believe those pictures are really in California??
Post a Comment