Saturday, February 20, 2010

February Fun

I took the train down south at the beginning of February to ultimately attend Donovan's blessing. Of course I made my usual stop in Bakersfield to hang out with my mom. Mom talked me into playing a little game of Bingo with the gang while I was there...I think she regretted it the minute I pulled out my camera...Say CHEESE!



We got to giggling so hard - mom was crying. I'm not sure if it was because I kept taking pictures of her or the fact that she plays Bingo with some very interesting characters.





This is mom's friend Opal. Miss Opal lived next door to my mom for many years on La France Street - in fact, Opal is the reason Mom chose to move into Castlewood Apartments. They share a dining room table & they are still good friends. Miss Opal will be 97 years old this year. She is the sweetest lady on the planet & I love her.



One night I met up with the Hargis' for Bonnie Lou's birthday. (L-R = Darin's wife Carrie, Bonnie, me, & Cindi).



Nicole came with Paul to pick me up & take us to Valencia for the blessing.



She was so excited to meet little Donovan.



We had fun swinging Alana.



It was a beautiful day for a baby blessing.



Paul holding Donovan Paul.



Back at the Riverhouse, the little Middletons came over to help celebrate my birthday a little early. We made individual pizzas...



Amy brought over some fun games...



Of course, we had more fun piling on G'pa Paul...



The cake was delicious - Happy Birthday to me!



On Saturday, we made the Basketball rounds...



Trevor & Ethan had back to back games (at different locations of course)...



In & Out for lunch on a beautiful California sun-shiny day!



Then off to Kenyon's game - I think his favorite part of playing basketball is the after game treats.



That evening we celebrated Valentine's Day with dinner & the movie "Valentine's Day." Nicole brought Rob over for dinner on Sunday & it was fun to hear about his CHP training. On my birthday Paul took me shopping & we went to dinner & another movie "Dear John."

February is always full of fun for me, but the fun doesn't end here...
next weekend we will head to Manteca for Dara's bridal shower!

Here comes the bride...(very soon!)

7 comments:

The McGraths said...

How fun! I miss Grandma so much!!! She is always full of giggles! That is a great picture of all of you at D's blessing! That sweater is so cute mom! Gina looks beautiful and happy. I love that Dad is such a baby HOG! Nicole is a hottie and I miss all of those crazy Middleton kids! I can't wait to see all of you!!!

Bassetts said...

You've been a busy girl! How fun your month has been. Middleton kids sure spoiled you. Gina looks amazing with her cute family and Nicole is one hot mama!

The Horners said...

I miss Grandma too! She makes me laugh.
Gina looks AWESOME! I want to see more pics of little D.
Fun party pics.... wish we could have been there!

Linda and Rex said...

Your mom is so cute. I can tell she just loves that camera.

Camille said...

You two are the busiest grandparents I know of! And with a beautiful family.

Happy Birthday! :)

Dacia said...

So much fun! I love always seeing smiles on your blog - with grandkids, your mom, kids, Paul... We love you!

karen garner said...

Your mom looks so great -- the pic of Paul holding the baby is one of my favorites -- what great pictures of the blessing day