Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Here comes the bride!

Ben & Dara’s wedding is fast approaching. We took a road trip this passed Saturday to Manteca for Dara’s Bridal Shower. It was a beautiful event with great food; however, my photos are not so great – in fact, rather blurry. Hope you can get the idea…

Dara & Adison at the dessert table (before they brought out a delicious layered pudding)…



In addition to the Panini’s they had goin’ on, there was a type of bruschetta, a delicious baked brie, hot wings, shrimp cocktail, & stuffed pasta shells…



We played some cute games…like “What’s in your purse?”




You got points for certain items in your purse. I did okay, but the Mother-of-the-Bride, Kimlay, kicked our trash!



At one point they had Dara leave the room & we had to remember “what the bride wore” – I won this one. Am I really that shallow that I notice these kinds of things? Dara looked beautiful & happy – I couldn’t help but notice!



Then we split up into teams to create the best wedding dress made from toilet paper. Our team won because WE had a flower girl accompany our bride!



Adison got so excited that she won a prize!



Dara getting ready to open her gifts...




The party gang...



The bride with her mom & sisters (L-R, Davy, Dara, mom-Kimlay, Chenda, & Sopheak).



…with me & Ben’s sisters (L-R, Rochelle, Amy, Dara, Adison, Me, & Nicole).



…with her cousins & aunt (L-R, Somphor, Sopheap,Dara, & aunt-Sophorn).



Dara, I hope you are always this happy!



We love you & are so happy to have you join our family.

10 comments:

The McGraths said...

Dara looks so pretty!! Wish I could have been there... glad you took pics. Sopheak did a GREAT job!!!

Gina Deceuster said...

You're right, she does look beautiful!! Looks like it was a very nice shower...wish I coulda been there. Hahaha I got 108 on the purse contest...and I pride myself on a sparsely filled purse!!

Gina Deceuster said...

Oh I forgot to say why I was laughing...it was the rock that put me over the top! Can you tell I have a boy?

The Horners said...

FUN FUN FUN! Can't wait for the big day!

The Holyoaks said...

Sorry I missed it too!

Middleton said...

Okay the one with me behind the purse is okay to post on here but seriously... the group shot???

Sabrina Scruton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabrina Scruton said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I just love reading about your beautiful family : )

Linda and Rex said...

Manteca! Oh, you were so close. Looks like you had fun.

karen garner said...

oh, I'm so glad we got to share this fun experience through pictures - what a fun, precious, memorable day!! (and congrats again Dara - you are beautiful)