Friday, July 16, 2010

Waiting for Little Mister

I was really worried that Little Mister was gonna come sooner than later, so I hopped on a plane to WA "early" to help Jill “wait” for their new little guy…

While we waited, we went to this great little park near the Shipyard for a picnic & some wet fun…




These ”ship’s smoke stack” looking things in these wading pools shoot water high in the air & get you all wet! It was such a hot day & I couldn’t resist cooling off with the kids, clothes & all!




We played soccer with Otter Pops in hand…


Goooaaalll G’ma!


We went to Poulsbo, one of my favorite little ports here, to walk around – trying to keep Mom distracted from the waiting…the bakery, the harbor, the shopping – GREAT place!




We got our “craft” on with these cute little “handbags” (I got the idea from Cousin Alana).




We busted out Jill’s sewing machine…this cute fabric turned into one of those cute little “hooter hiders” she is famous for making…


I helped her finish up about a dozen burp cloths…



I while I was at it, we made Pioneer Dresses for the girls – Complete with bonnet, apron, & bloomers. Here’s Penny’s.



We had a talent show…



We had a dance party…



Wheel barrel races at Fred Meyer…



A WEEK LATER…we were still waiting! So the doctor decided to do a non-stress test to see how mom & baby were doing. They determined that her amniotic fluid was low & the “Little Mister” wasn’t so little. He was measuring 11# 9 oz & still no serious contractions!!! It was decided to schedule a C-section for the following day & “BIG Mister” arrived on July 15, 2010 at 6:03 pm. 11# 8oz & 20.7 inches – he looks like Jill & Macy…Good Job Mom!



Proud G’ma…



Proud G’pa…



Proud Big Sisters – they are already fighting over him!



Sweet profile…



Welcome Roman Carter Holyoak! We’ve been waiting for you!!!

15 comments:

The McGraths said...

Ohhhh... he is adorable! I get first dibbs at Ty's Wedding!!!

Gina Deceuster said...

He has a lot of hair!!

Middleton said...

He is so freakin cute and so doesn't look like a newborn... way to go Jill and Kiff - another beauty!

Rebecca said...

Yay!!! He is so sweet! And so large. I can't believe it! So happy for Jill!

And I want to be just like you when I am a grandma. Minus the sewing. I have no idea how to do what you did with that sewing machine. But the fun, fun, fun! I want to do that!

Jill said...

congratulations!! and wow on those darling pioneer clothes! I've been scrounging around this weekend trying to find pioneer stuff. yours is darling. I need to learn how to sew.

McBride Family said...

he is ADORABLE and Jill looks so pretty in that picture of the two of them! congratulations!

Bassetts said...

Phew! I'm so glad he came safely. What a big boy! And he looks just like Macy! He has a perfect profile. Glad you got to have so much fun before the Mister arrived!

The Horners said...

DANG IT! I was gonna say what Cindi said... hopefully I get there before she does. He's so cute. I can't wait to see more pictures. Jill doesn't even look like she just had a baby! Skinny mini.

karen garner said...

We've been out of town so I had to check as soon as we got back and see if that gorgeous man had arrived!! CONGRATS on another precious grandbaby. What darling pioneer clothes. You know - all kids should get to have a grandma like you!!

Portillo Portal said...

Adorable! What a blessing! I know that having grandma there really helps too!

Dacia said...

He is absolutely perfect - CONGRATULATIONS! We hopefully will join the fun in the next day or two:)

Brody said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! And that is one cute baby! Congrats.

Vanessa said...

Your blog always makes me just grin, I love all your posts :) Such fun.

Rochelle said...

Yay and Whew! Thanks for keeping me up to date while I was driving in NV/UT...

Linda and Rex said...

What a doll. Hey I had a big baby. A baby is still a baby and you can't help but be won over no matter their size. He is so cute. Love him already.