We’ve been trying to get out to see Cindi’s family in their new home (which they’ve been in a year already) & we finally made it just in time for the Halloween festivities with the midgets.
Playing with G’ma’s camera – what did we ever do before digital photography? Seriously, hours of entertainment!





Great food with Jar-head’s mad “grill-skills” (actually, this is his smoker) – I think G’pa has “smoker-envy”...don’t be surprised if we squeeze one into our outdoor kitchen soon.

Carving pumpkins with sickies. Jake started the wave of nausea which went from him to Lucie to Jason to Cori & Cindi - all in a 48 hour period! (Not sure how we escaped it, but glad we did!) Cori had to miss her very first school Halloween party & parade so we decided to have our own pumpkin carving party – Jason crashed on Cindi’s lap in the middle of carving his pumpkin, poor little guy…





Jared took Paul mountain biking in the beautiful dessert – the weather was awesome!


We strung beads with Cori’s new bead kit while Cindi got her “clowns” ready for the big party.

Cindi goes all out for Halloween, putting lots of extra touches into their costumes - like spray painting the boys’ hair & fun face paint. LOVE the pure happiness on Jason’s face when he saw his “new look” in the mirror.


I even convinced G’pa to “dress up” – yep, his referee shirt is the closest thing to a costume I could get my beloved “Halloween Grinch” to wear.

When everyone was ready, we headed around the corner to a “block party” – it was very impressive! They block the streets off & set up carnival games for the kids. A-MA-ZING!!!


There were hotdogs & chili(of course Jason & Lucie had a few suckers for appetizers), lots of creative costumes (the missionaries were my personal favorite), & a live band (all members of their 'hood)!



Their entire ward lives in their neighborhood. It was a great turn out & afterwards they all went to their homes so the kids could “trick-or-treat.” Lucie couldn’t eat her candy fast enough.

We had a great time - thanks for letting us tag-along gang!

We hope you all had a Happy & Safe Halloween!
9 comments:
So glad you guys could come. It's always fun when our Grandparents are here! Love you guys!
Dad's never seen my house... full of our things :) Looks like it was a fun visit and glad you don't have the sickies.
Can't wait until you guys come and visit while I'm not overly emotional and uncomfortable the whole time! Looks like you had fun in the Farizona!
Looks like a blast! That is so cool they celebrate close to home like that.
So, I occasionally blog stalk you and just had to say...Cindi's kids costumes were awesome (and hers, too). Also, when I saw those missionaries I thought, "Man, I must be getting old because those missionaries look like they're about 12!" Then I realized they probably were and I didn't feel quite so old! =) You should come visit Jill soon so we can come play with you again!
That is one scary picture of Jason asleep on his mom's lap while she wields a knife. What a darling family.
I think it's so great that you get to visit your family so often, even if they don't live close. You guys are such great grandparents!
Glad you got Dad to dress up...we love our holiday Grinch! Looked like a fun visit even with the sickies :(
Cindy's family is soooo cute! Fun you could be with them on Halloween! Looks like they've re-settled in a great neighborhood!
Post a Comment