Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Southwest “DING” to Seattle

I subscribe to Southwest “DING” which basically notifies me of special deals on flights that are only available for limited times - blah, blah, blah. Well, we scored some really cheap tickets to Seattle for our anniversary weekend so we hopped on the plane to see our favorite Washingtonians, Jill & family. We packed a lot into our short little trip…

Thursday - Macaroni’s preschool had a field trip to tour South Kitsap High School’s FFA program. I was impressed with the high schoolers - they were really good with the kids. The activities were well organized & they had bunnies, goats, & pigs for the kids to pet…





They played a fishing game & hammered a “real nail with a real hammer” all by themselves!




They even had a cow milking station…



Later, we played games & enjoyed hangin out…we tumbled & danced & got very silly!







Friday - We played with some Bendaroos – Mac is very creative!




We went to the library for story time & checked out books. They read a story about a moose with a “moosestache”…




Saturday - Kiff joined us & we took the ferry over to Seattle to the Pacific Science Center – we could have spent days in this place – there were so many fun exhibits & tons of hands on activites!



Crazy mirrors…



See & Touch tide pool…



My favorite was the Tropical Butterfly House…all kinds of butterflies, but these brown ones have an “electric blue” iridescent color on the inside of their wings (Of course, those pictures didn’t turn out!)





We made a bug…



And Mac was brave enough to “pet” this bug…YUCK!




She wasn’t sure about the dinosaur exhibit – they have several life-sized dinos that are kinda scary. I thought it was cool!



Romeo was a good sport to let us drag him around with us...he's a good-natured little-big guy.




Sunday - was our actual anniversary & we were invited to a “tea party” – so fancy! The girls giggled while G’pa & I danced… (Mac took these next pictures)




Mac went with the “rock star” look & Pip was “rockin” her style as well…



Poor Jill was workin’ in the kitchen all morning (much like Cinallellellella as Pip calls her) preparing our fancy tea party, but she managed to throw on one of her high school prom dresses just in time…it was my very first tea party ever – I’m a fan!




Later that night they busted out their popcorn machine for a special movie night…




It was fun to spend a little time in the Pacific Northwest. Thanks for entertaining us & sharing our anniversary in such a fun way – we really had a great time! I will be watching those “DINGS” closely for the next great deal! Maybe Utah? Phoenix?

8 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Thanks for coming! It was nice you didn't make me have a baby in order to get a visit this time. Because I'm not ready for another one yet!

The Holyoaks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Holyoaks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Horners said...

Fun trip! Wish we could visit Seattle someday soon! Rest up mama, I hear you have the sickies!

The McGraths said...

I vote for La Zona!!!! Looks like you had a fnacy trip. I'm a little disappointed that Jill didn't wear that number for us!

Bassetts said...

Looks like way too much fun!! We want to visit too. I'm starting a campaign for you guys to visit Utah :) And not just for when someone has a baby or Women's Conference :) What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary. Yeah!

Middleton said...

Maybe if we move away we could have more extended time with you. Hmmm... I think we already tried that though.

karen garner said...

precious beyond words!!!! too much fun!!