Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birthday Buddies...ARRRGH!

Paul & Kenyon are birthday buddies...they share a birthday on January 13th. At Kenyon's house, the birthday person gets a special dinner with Mom & Dad, but this year Kenyon asked if he could go with Dad & G'pa because they are "birthday buddies." Amy was a good sport about it & G'pa was honored to be included.

After dinner, we all met for cake & ice cream. Amy had a little pirate theme going on & Kaden really got into it...ARRRGH!


I love how Trevor is more interested in playing with fire than the cake.

Par-tay animals!

It's really hard to surprise Paul, but they really caught him off guard with this...some of the kids got together & got him that Vitamixer he's been wanting. Now he can whip up all those healthy concoctions he loves in just seconds AND IT IS SOOOOOOOO EASY TO CLEAN!!!

G'pa is happiest when he's surrounded by his g'kids.

Happy Birthday you two knuckle-heads! (Thanks for sharing your special day, Kenyon.)

6 comments:

The Horners said...

I love that picture of Dad and all the kids! So cute. Glad he and Kenyon had a great birthday!

Bassetts said...

How fun to have a birthday buddy! I guess I have a birthday buddy...half-birthday buddy :) Glad Dad was actually surprised. It's fun to get him every once in awhile.

The Holyoaks said...

The new camera makes ALL the difference! Love the pictures and glad Dad and Kenyon had great birthdays!

McBride Family said...

you guys are so much fun! happy birthday to the buddies!

Dacia said...

I just got one of those fancy blenders for Christmas - love those green smoothies! I may need Paul to share some of his favorite recipes! Happy Birthday to my favorite Uncle Paul who is married to my favorite Aunt Jenny!

Middleton Family said...

So glad he had a good time and by the look of his face when he opened the Vitamix you would have thought he hated it! Good think we know otherwise.