Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Visit with Luke

Our grandson Luke had an extra long winter break from school so he came to San Jose with Grammy & Poppa Joe for a few days, then we picked him up & he came with us to the River for a few days. We had a great visit! The Middleton cousins came over to play. It was a gorgeous day to play outside (we've had an unusually warm & dry winter). It was also a burn day, so G'pa put the kids to work! Unfortunately, I didn't get out there until the blaze had burned down a bit. It kept everyone entertained for over two hours!


Luke really liked Maddie (our little temporary granddaughter). Kyle & Amy have volunteered to take care of her as part of the Safe Families program. He kept her entertained for quite some time, too.


The next day we went to watch our cousins' games. Avery's indoor soccer game was first.

Then Cade's basketball game, followed by Ethan's indoor soccer game. It was a long day, but Luke did well since there were tons of cousins around to play with.

After the games we went to spend the evening with da boyz. We played games & had dinner. Luke likes games & he is very good at them!




We had a great Sunday hanging out with Luke & playing more games, but the highlight of Luke's trip was the trip home on the Amtrak - Luke was so excited to ride the train! I ride the train about once a month when I go see my mom, so Luke came with me & his dad met us in Bakersfield. I was excited that my favorite conductor, Mr Mason was on board. He gave Luke the royal treatment - he even let him push the buttons to open the doors when we got to our final destination. Luke LOVED it!




Luke did great on the long train ride. We ate lunch, read some books, drew pictures, & I pulled out some Legos towards the end to keep Luke entertained...Legos were a big hit!


We said goodbye at the train station & G'ma was tickled to see Luke & Christian briefly before they headed home.


I always have a nice visit with my mom. I love the residents at Pinewood Glen, they are full of personality & are always so nice to me. Here she is with her Sit & Stretch group.

Mom is just getting over a little pneumonia that had her down over the holidays, but she is doing much better now.

However, she didn't want to push it so she stayed home while I went to visit Bonnie & Ben, two of my dearest friends. Bonnie has Ben on a strict diet & exercise regime since his heart attack last summer...they both look marvelous & are equally as entertaining as they've always been.

We were glad to be able to spend some special time with Luke & share a train ride with him. Thanks for coming, Luke!

6 comments:

The Horners said...

Bonnie and Ben look so skinny! We should have gone to see them while we were there! I love the picture of all the boys infront of R's fire place. They all look so huge!

The Holyoaks said...

Great pics! Love the burn pile with the boys. What a fun trip for Luke!

Linda and Rex said...

Lucky Luke. I bet he didn't want to go home. Who would with grandparents all to himself and fun and games.

Your mom looks good and so sweet. I hope she is soon feeling well.

Is this a new look for your blog? I like it but I miss the wonderful picture of you and Paul.

Gina Deceuster said...

What a great time! So glad he got to go up for a visit. Love you!!

Vanessa said...

I love when you post pictures of you with your Mom. :)

Bassetts said...

You've been so busy! Love all your pics. How fun for Luke to be the conductor.