Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter!

It certainly was a Happy Easter at our house! The local grandkids joined us for a little holy-day fun, they even brought their parents with them! They gathered for pix in their Easter duds before they changed into play clothes...We always seem to have to bribe them to take some "normal" pix...



...after that normal business, they can take "silly" ones.



EGG-cited for the egg hunt to begin...




We hid some eggs in the backyard for the littles...

 

...then turned the big kids loose in the front yard...



I love how some of the kids climbed the trees to collect eggs while others used their "mad volleyball skills" to swat them out of the branches!



I love all the happy faces as they check out their loot...
 



I decided to try these rice crispy treat eggs (thank you Pinterest)...note to self, rice crispy treats are too hot to handle right off the stove & this is a messy project! We were supposed to hide the jelly beans inside the center of the eggs...oh well, it's always fun to try something new.




Besides, these were sooooooo much better! Good job, Amy!



Most of the pix I took around the table were blurry - but here's a gem...

 


Not sure what my hair is doing, but Kyle took a picture with me (he's a lot like his dad when it comes to pix, they are not fans of being in them). Happy Easter Everyone...we hope you enjoyed a little family time, as well as time to reflect on the true gift that Easter brings...   

3 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

That picture of Kyle's family is so funny. The way they are posed makes it VERY obvious that Amy refused to be in it. I love her.

It looks like a blast. Would love to get to spend Easter with you guys!

The Horners said...

Love the silly picture of the kids! They are all huge!! Sounds like it was a grat Easter. I agree, it would be so fun to be at the Riverhouse for Easter!

The Millers said...

Looks like a fun Easter!!! LOVE the egg/rice crispy treats --what a fun idea.