Monday, April 2, 2012

I love General Conference!

The messages presented during General Conference not only focus on the importance of the Atonement of Jesus Christ & eternal values, but also specifically address today's moral issues. I learn from the "words of wisdom" I hear as I "listen with anxious ears & heart" for specific counsel, I believe, is intended for me, personally.
 

I look forward to my next Ensign Magazine so that I can study the messages in greater detail, but until then, these are the "words of wisdom" that jumped out at me while I enjoyed General Conference this past weekend... "The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing…" Fathers, lead your homes in rigteousness, never anger or fear. Create an atmosphere to help children feel the spirit & help them recognize the feeling. We need to be alert & recognize the teaching moments. Teaching for understanding requires persitence & example. Activity in Church does not mean activity in the Gospel. The purpose of the Church is to help us live the Gospel. The Lord wants us to be fully committed to the Gospel. It is when we yield to His will & live His pattern that He will bless us. The family helps us to better understand the Lord’s love for us. The most powerful examples of unselfish service & sacrifice can be found in our families. The foundation of faith must be embedded in our hearts if we are to endure. Living the Gospel fortifies our faith. It is never too late to strengthen our foundation of faith. Do not be hurt or envious when good fortune falls upon others…coveting, pouting, or tearing down others does not elevate YOUR position. Grievances (struggles) may not have begun with you, but it can end with you. However late you think you are…you have not traveled beyond the reach of love. Step UP! If you’ve made covenants, keep them. If you haven’t made them, make them. If you’ve broken them, repair them. It is never too late. You cannot change the past but you can shape the future. When you live to lift the lives of others, you lift your own burdens. You can’t be right in doing wrong - you can’t be wrong in doing right! What we are speaks so loudly that our children may not hear what we say. We emphasize our faith, not our fears! Inspired communication is usually accompanied by a sacred feeling. Refusing to forgive is a grievous sin. To those that judge others, I offer this prophetic advice…STOP IT! Don’t judge me because I sin differently than you. On the Big Bang Theory, “Could an explosion in a printing shop produce a dictionary?” The words “let me know if I can help” are really no help at all – JUMP IN! Eternal truths enrich our lives & see us safely home. Here’s my heart, O take & seal it, Seal it for Thy courts on high. Life is better & much happier as hearts turn to family & as famiiies turn to the light of the Gospel. We cannot simply force people to do the right thing – compulsion builds resentment. "…we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, & we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2 Ne 25;26) Give priority to the sacred. What thinks Christ of me?

2 comments:

Gina Deceuster said...

We think alike. :) Several of those were my favorite parts too. Love you.

Diana and Gregg said...

I loved this conference too! What a great picture of the prophet, I love it and I love him! Great quotes, ones that were special to me too. Thanks for sharing, Love, Diana