They left the kids with us while the adults headed to San Francisco for the day. (You'll have to check Terri's Blog for that post...) It was record breaking heat that weekend so we busted out the new waterslide & invited our cousins over for some fun!
The old one was starting to show signs of wear so I ordered this Crocodile Isle. It is similar, but I'm not gonna lie...I don't love it. I actually decided to return it. So I got the kids off the new slide & set up the old one which is still tons of fun...
After the new slide dried out, I folded it up, boxed it back up & called the company to see about returning it...they said, "Sure, no problem, but there will be a 50% restocking fee plus $100 shipping." Are you kidding me? That's just nuts! I was disappointed to say the least. So now we will have two very similar slides for the kids to play on. I guess with our numbers, that's not such a bad thing.
It was a very hot day & we continued to try & cool off with some popsicles...
The next day, Paul took to the adults down the River...after all...that is why we built this house on the River, so Terri wanted her friends to have the full experience.
Christi's mom, Lulu, also came to spend the night so they joined the fun, too. Ty's job this summer is to take pictures of rafters as they come through the rapids, so his buddy took these for them as they went through the Gorge. These aren't the most exciting ones (I'll let Terri post those), but at least you can see everyone.
While the grown ups were playing on the River, we played dress ups, rode bikes, & went for a walk, but it was so hot, we busted out the slide again...
I love listening to Paul read his Dr Seuss book to the kids when they come to visit. He is so animated & the kids get so excited to hear his silly voices & see his expressions as he reads to them...
The last day, we took the little kids on a little River float, too. I feel like we have a million pictures like this, because well, we do...this is what we're all about...rollin' on the River! Jude wasn't lovin' the life jacket, but the girls were very excited...
It took Jude a while to calm down & when he did, he fell asleep!
That's all he needed was a little power nap, because when he woke up a couple minutes later, he was fine!
Liv-love was quite comfortable on the water...she wanted to do it all!
She is going to be a "Wilderness Girl" just like her mommy, right T? Thanks for spending your vacation in our neck of the River...we loved meeting your friends & having you come & play with us.















2 comments:
No, THANK YOU! We had such a great time like always. You guys are so great for letting us bring our friends and they really appreciate it too. Love you and see you in just a few short weeks for more RIVER!
I want a Horner Holiday. How fun is that!
Post a Comment