Paul & I thought we would take advantage of Conference weekend (since he didn't have any official Bishop duties) to go see our out-of-state kids & g'kids AND attend General Conference.
We mapped it all out in order to make the best use of our time & save a little money - we decided to go state to state in one big trip instead of returning home between stops...made sense on paper, right? We left from San Jose & went to Washington, made our way to Utah, then ended up in the Zona desert before returning to the Riverhouse. Here's a little visual for you in case you didn't follow that...
We didn't really have any plans other than to spend time with family. Little ones grow so quickly & we wanted a little face time to help bridge the distance. We played games, read books, & enjoyed each family's daily routines. I will break down all the fun in more detail later with separate posts (because it will take me a while to sort through all the pix); meanwhile, here's a little sneak peak...
Washington...
I brought along this cute little game that Amy & kids taught us how to play. Apples to Apples (Disney version) is a great little game to help little ones learn new vocabulary words. If they can't read, the pictures can help them make their choices. We played Apples to Apples from G'kids to G'kids!
Utah...
Arizona...
I loved seeing everyone but I was pretty tired by the time we got home & I ended up getting sick. BOO!
As efficient as the G'kids to G'kids tour was, I'm not sure we will try to pack it all into one trip again. But one thing I'm certain of is that our children (both in state & out of state) are good parents who are striving to raise their children to love each other & the Lord. Like it says in 3rd John 1:4, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
1 comment:
I'm sorry you got sick! That stinks. We are really glad you guys could come visit is. Thank you!
Post a Comment